Elaine Reeves, B.A., M.A., M.L.I.S.
M.L.I.S. Master of Library and Information Science. Kent State University, 2002.
M.A. European History. University of Toledo, 2000.
B.A. magna cum laude, History. Lourdes College, 1996.
Elaine joined the University Libraries in 2008 as an Information Literacy Lecturer. Currently, she works collaboratively with UTOnline/Learning Ventures to enhance the library presence in the online learning environment. Elaine has previous experience as an engineering librarian.
- “Relationship building with students and instructors of ESL: Bridging the gap for library instruction and services.” Reference Services Review, 2012, Vol. 40: No. 3, pp.352-367 (16). Online.
- “Political Organizations.” 21st Century Anthropology: A Reference Handbook. Ed. H. James Birx. Thousand Oaks, California: Sage. 2010. Print.
- “First Event.” Encyclopedia of Time: Science, Philosophy,Theology,and Culture.Sage. 2009. ed. H. James Birx. Print.
- “Timelines.” Encyclopedia of Time: Science, Philosophy,Theology,and Culture. Sage. 2009.ed. H. James Birx. Print.
- “Immersion.” Conference Report prepared for College and Research Libraries News, September, 2006, Vol. 67:No. 8, p. 480-481.
- “Kettering’s library.” Book chapter in The Liberal Studies Writing Guide, by L. Buchanan and D. Stodola, (pp.39-47). Flint, Michigan: Kettering University, 2004.
- “Mentors, Advocates and Partners: An Annotated Bibliography.” Prepared for Moving Up, Reaching Out: 2003 Library Administration and Management Association President’s Program- Toronto, June 22, 2003.
- “Bridging the Gap Between ESL Students and Library Services.” Ohio Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Conference, Columbus, Ohio, November 13, 2010. Panel Session.
- “An Exploratory Study of ESL Students’ Evaluation of Web Resources.” Ohio Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Conference, Columbus, Ohio, November 13, 2010. Panel Session.
- “Critical Thinking Skills: A Content Based Approach.” Ohio Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages Conference, Columbus, Ohio, November, 12, 2010. Poster Session.
- “Relationship Building with Students and Instructors of ESL: Bridging the Gap for Library and Instruction Services.” Academic Library Association of Ohio Annual Conference, Columbus, Ohio, October, 29, 2010. Panel Session.
- Reeves, Elaine M.,Phoebe Jane Ballard,Bridget Faricy-Beredo, Misa Mi, Gerald Natal, and Arjun Sabharwal. “Going the Distance: Creating an eLibrary for Non-Traditional Students.” Fourteenth Off-Campus Library Services Conference, Cleveland, Ohio, April 28-30, 2010. Poster session.
- “Engineering Information Literacy: Promoting First-Year Student Success with Blackboard.” Presentation for the Michigan Blackboard Users Group Conference, October 19, 2007, at Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, Michigan.
- “Model Programs from the Immersion Experience: Successes and Challenges.” A panel discussion and poster session for the American Library Association Annual Conference in New Orleans, 2006. Sponsored by the ACRL Institute for Information Literacy Executive Committee. Program Chair and Moderator.
- “Journaling for Creativity and Leadership Development: A Reunion Roundtable for the Faculty and Alumni of the Immersion Institute.” A Roundtable for the Association of College and Research Libraries National Conference, April 7-10, 2005, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- “Immersed Again: Reflecting on Methods in Information Literacy Instruction.” A Roundtable for the Association of College and Research Libraries National Conference, April 7-10, 2005, Minneapolis, Minnesota.
- Communications in Information Literacy Online Journal. Editorial Board 2010-
- Communications in Information Literacy Online Journal. Peer Review Board. 2007-
- ACRL Institute for Information Literacy Executive Committee. Immersion Alumni Representative. 2005-2007.