Research and Sponsored Programs


Purchasing This page details the purchasing requirements for controlled substances and dangerous drugs used in research.

A. Controlled substances and/or dangerous drugs must be purchased from veterinary or human pharmaceutical suppliers (Henry Schein or McKesson) following The University of Toledo purchasing procedures.

B. As a rule, only the minimum amount needed should be ordered at any given time.

C. Registrants are required to utilize the DEA's online order form request for purchase of all Schedule I or II controlled substances.

 D. Registrants are required to use and maintain a University of Toledo Purchase and Receipt Log for all drug purchases, and keep the original invoice and/or packing slip.

 Forms & Important Links
Last Updated: 6/27/22