- Medicine Home
- Academic Division Pages
- Clinical Division Pages
- Residency Program
- Fellowship Program
- Internal Medicine Clerkship
- General Internal Medicine
- Affiliated Groups
- Grand Rounds
Medicine Residency Program
- Program Description
- Program Goals and Objectives
- Program Benefits
- Program Policies
- Simulation Lab
- IM Residency Schedule
- Peer Reviewed Publishing
- Residents as Teachers
- National Awards and Honors
- Resident and Faculty Evaluation
- Resident Competency Score Card
- Graduating Residents
- Residency Newsletter
- Resident Recruitment
- How to Apply
- Contact Information
Health Science Campus
Ruppert Health CenterRoom # 0012
Fax: 419.383.6244 firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline Date: November 1, 2013
Positions for 2014-2015
12 Categorical and 4 Preliminary
Length of the Internal Medicine Residency Training Program: 3 Years of Clinical Training:
Our Internal Medicine Residency Program utilizes the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) at http://www.aamc.org. If you are interested in applying, please coordinate with the Dean’s office at your medical school to submit your application materials via ERAS.
Interview Dates for 2013-2014: October, November, December:
Candidates qualifications for the Internal Medicine Residency Training Program at the University of Toledo is based on the following criteria. When all the appropriate data is received, your application will be considered. Invitations to formally interview will be e-mailed via the ERAS program no later than December 5th.
Application Requirements for Graduates of U.S. Medical Schools:
- Common Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Medical School transcript
- Dean’s Letter
- Three letters of recommendation
- USMLE Step 1, Step 2 and CS (pass with minimum score of 212 and above) on first attempt
- Within 5 years of medical school graduation
- Valid ECFMG certificate (if applicable)
- Color Photo
Application Requirements for Graduates outside of the U.S. and Canadian Medical Schools:
- J1 visa is preferred. However, H1b visa is sponsored on a case to case basis.
- Must have a current and valid certificate from the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
Reception and Interview Day:
Reception: (held the evening prior to the interview)
- The reception is held at The Hotel at The University of Toledo Hotel located on the campus of The University of Toledo Health Science Campus
- The reception is held from 6:30 pm until 8:30 pm the evening before the interview
- This is an informal reception with casual attire
- Please email the coordinator at Tiffany.Cantu@utoledo.edu if you are unable to attend
The interview day begins at 7:45 am and will end no later than 3pm. You will receive an itinerary the week before your interview by e-mail through the ERAS system.
Lodging is available at The Hotel at The University of Toledo Hotel which is located on The University of Toledo Health Sciences Campus. Their phone number is 419-381-6800. When making reservations please advise them that you are with the Department of Medicine and you will receive a reduced rate plus tax. If you are flying into the Toledo Express Airport, The Hotel at The University of Toledo Hotel has a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel. Please arrange for the shuttle to pick you up and return you to the airport when making your reservations.
The University of Toledo College of Medicine Internal Medicine Residency Program selects from among eligible applicants on the basis of their preparedness and anticipated ability to be successful in the program.
The policy of the Internal Medicine residency program is to consider all candidates regardless of race, sex, creed, nationality or sexual orientation.
If you would like additional information or have questions regarding the Internal Medicine Residency Program, please contact the Program Coordinator, Edith Reynolds at (419) 383-3687 or by e-mail at Tiffany.Cantu@utoledo.edu .
Thank you for your interest in the Internal Medicine Residency Program.