How to Apply
Application Deadline Date: December 1st, 2016
Positions for 2017-2018
16 Categorical and 3 Preliminary
Length of the Internal Medicine Residency Training Program: 3 Years of Clinical Training:
Our Internal Medicine Residency Program utilizes the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) at http://www.aamc.org. If you are interested in applying, please coordinate with the Dean’s office at your medical school to submit your application materials via ERAS.
Interview Dates for the 2016 Application Season will be held on select Tuesdays and Thursdays of October, November, and December:
Candidates' qualification for the Internal Medicine Residency Training Program at the University of Toledo is based on the following criteria. When all the appropriate data is received, your application will be considered. Invitations to formally interview will be e-mailed via the ERAS program no later than December 5th.
Application Requirements for Graduates of U.S. Medical Schools:
- Common Application Form- ERAS
- Eligible to gain lawful employment in the United States (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Residency Card (Green Card) holder, holders of work permits, etc.).
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Personal Statement.
- Medical School transcript.
- Dean’s Letter / Medical School Performance Evaluation (MSPE).
- Three letters of recommendation including Chairman's Letter
- USMLE Step 1, Step 2 and CS (pass with minimum score of 212 and above) on first attempt
- Within 5 years of medical school graduation.
- Color Photo
Additional Application Requirements for Graduates outside of the U.S. and Canadian Medical Schools:
- Eligibility for J1 visa sponosorship through ECFMG (if applicable).
- Must have a current and valid certificate from the Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) by the day the Rank Order list is submitted by the Program.
Reception and Interview Day:
Reception: (held the evening prior to the interview)
- The reception is held at The Radisson Hotel located on the campus of The University of Toledo Health Science Campus.
- The reception is held from 6:00 pm until 8:30 pm the evening before the interview
- This is an informal reception with casual attire
- Please email the coordinator at Tiffany.Cantu@utoledo.edu if you are unable to attend
The interview day begins at 8:00 am and will end no later than 1 pm. You will receive an itinerary the week before your interview by e-mail from the Residency Coordinator.
Lodging is available at The Radisson Hotel which is located on The University of Toledo Health Sciences Campus. Their phone number is 419-381-6800.
The University of Toledo College of Medicine Internal Medicine Residency Program selects from among eligible applicants on the basis of their preparedness and anticipated ability to be successful in the program.
The policy of the Internal Medicine residency program is to consider all candidates regardless of race, sex, creed, nationality or sexual orientation.
If you would like additional information or have questions regarding the Internal Medicine Residency Program, please contact the Program Coordinator, Tiffany Cantu at (419) 383-6821 or by e-mail at Tiffany.Cantu@utoledo.edu .
Thank you for your interest in the Internal Medicine Residency Program.