- B.F.A., Bowling Green State University
- M.L.I.S., Kent State University
Gerald was a Visiting Instructor of Information Literacy at The University of Toledo
from October 2005 to December 2007. He was hired as Digital Services Librarian at
the Mulford Library in January of 2008. His current duties encompass: acting as library
liaison to the programs in The College of Health Sciences, The College of Social Justice
and Human Services, and Student Athletic Academic Services; reference and consultation
services; support for developing web-based learning and instructional materials; upgrading
and updating the library website; upgrading and maintaining the Mulford Library blog;
upgrading and maintaining the Instructions to Authors and Faculty Publications databases.
Gerald previously worked as a librarian at The Toledo Correctional Institution, Toledo,
Publications & Presentations
- Presentation, “Fine-Tuning the User Experience: Integration of Blackboard and LibGuides,”
Thursday, June 19th, 2014, Cleveland State University Library.
- IOLUG Spring Program presentation: "Fine-Tuning the User Experience: Integration of
Blackboard and LibGuides," Indiana Wesleyan University North campus, Indianapolis,
IN, May 16th, 2014.
- McKether, W., Van Hoy, J., Natal, G., Rigda, C., Riopelle, K. & Seary, A. (2011).
Discovering the culture of collaboration in an institutional merger. Procedia - Social
and Behavioral Sciences, 26, 94-107. doi:10.1016/j.sbspro.2011.10.566 [presented
at the COINS 2010: Collaborative Innovative Networks Conference, Savannah, GA, October
- Poster presentation (in collaboration), Diversity Plans for Academic Libraries: Making
Sure We Get There from Here, 2010 National Diversity in Libraries Conference, Princeton,
New Jersey, July 14–16, 2010.
- Poster Presentation (in collaboration), Going the Distance: An eLibrary for Online
and Web-assisted Users, 14th Off-Campus Library Services Conference, Cleveland, April
28 – 30, 2010.
- Poster presentation (in collaboration), Going the Distance: creating an eLibrary for
non-traditional students, 2009 Annual Meeting of the Midwest Chapter of the Medical
Library Association, Columbus, October 3-6, 2009.
- Poster presentation (in collaboration), Improving Medical Students’ Learning Outcomes:
Teaching a Web-Assisted Elective Course for 4th Year Medical Students, 2009 Annual
Meeting of the Midwest Chapter of the Medical Library Association, Columbus, October
- Lecture, The Harlem Renaissance: Masterful Improvisation, R.A.A.P. (Reaching African
American Potential), University of Toledo, February 7, 2007.
- Latino Youth Summit and Overnight Committees, 2006-present
- Paralegal Studies Program Advisory Board, 2011-present
- Black History Month Committee, 2007, 2008
- Academic Library Association of Ohio 2004-present (conference planning committee 2011-2013)
- Medical Library Association, Midwest Chapter 2009-present
- Ohio Health Sciences Library Association 2009-present