Enrollment & Degree Verifications
The National Student Clearinghouse acts as The University of Toledo's authorized agent for providing degree verification for graduates and enrollment verification for students. The clearinghouse receives data electronically from The University of Toledo and, in compliance with FERPA, dispenses the information electronically to requesting lending institutions, prospective employers, background investigation firms, and credit granting agencies. Some organizations may require proof of authorization to accompany a student’s enrollment verification. Therefore, please print a copy of the Enrollment Verification Supporting letter to send with the enrollment verification if needed. A sample enrollment verification can be found here.
Free Self Service Enrollment Verifications(for students with an active myUT account)
Free Self Service Enrollment Verifications from the National Student Clearinghouse are available to students by following these instructions:
- Open any web browser and go to the myUT portal.
- Log into the portal using your UTAD username and password.
- Make sure you are on the Student tab.
- Click on the Enrollment Verifications link in the My Records section in the My Toolkit channel.
- From the National Student Clearinghouse secure Student Self-Service Site, select whether it will be for the current term or for all terms of enrollment and then select Obtain an enrollment certificate.
The self-service enrollment verifications can be used for health insurers, credit issuers, housing providers, and others seeking verification of your enrollment. All such verifications/certifications printed from the National Student Clearinghouse secure site are considered official and need no further institutional signatures or seals. The Clearinghouse enrollment verification/certification form is easily and clearly identifiable with the distinctive “tree” watermark.
**Please Note: Even after graduation, privacy preferences remain in effect. As an example: If a student has restricted the release of directory information, The University of Toledo and the National Student Clearinghouse cannot confirm enrollment or degrees earned to prospective employers or any other party without the student's written permission. The privacy preference may be added or reversed by submitting a written and signed request on Main Campus to Rocket Solution Central in Rocket Hall room 1200 or in the Registrar's Office on Health Science Campus in Mulford Library room 114. These can also be faxed to 419.530.4828 . Current students may change their privacy preferences from the My Toolkit in the myUT portal.
Degree Verifications & Enrollment Verifications
Degree Verifications for all students and Enrollment Verifications for students without an active myUT account must be obtained directly from the National Student Clearinghouse. Degree/Enrollment Verifications obtained in this manner incur a fee from the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Open any web browser and go to www.studentclearinghouse.org
- Select "verify a degree, past attendance, or certification"
- Agree to terms and conditions
- Follow instructions to create a user ID and password
- Select "verify a degree or past attendance"
- Enter requested information and select "verify a degree" or "verify dates of attendance for someone who has not received a degree"
- Enter credit card information to place the order
- If you had restricted your directory information when you last attended, you will be required to submit an authorization form to release your information.
- View or print document
A transcript can sometimes be used in lieu of degree verification because it indicates the degree(s) received. More information on obtaining transcripts can be found here.
Third Party Enrollment/Degree Verification (For employer and background-screening companies)
The University of Toledo has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) to act as its agent for verification of degrees and enrollment status. Company representatives and agents of private businesses and public agencies who wish to verify degrees (including enrollment), please use this round the clock web-enabled service by following this link, www.studentclearinghouse.org. The NSC may also be contacted at:
Phone: (703) 742-4200
FAX: (703) 742-4239
For information on loan deferments, click here.