Human Resource Management Bachelor's Degree Overview
No matter their size or the nature of their business, all companies need human resource professionals.
Human resource management majors at The University of Toledo study the full scope of HR issues. Our undergraduates learn about compensation and benefits, and how to recruit and select employees. They also learn how to retain staff, resolve conflict and build effective teams.
Human Resource Management Bachelor's Degree Highlights
- One of the country’s best business schools. UT’s accredited College of Business and Innovation is nationally ranked. Students have access to all the school offers: renowned faculty; state-of-the-art classrooms and labs; and resources to help you succeed academically and find a job.
- Project-based learning. Consult with local companies and address real-world HR issues through class projects.
- Be more marketable. Employers want graduates who are certified as human resource professionals. The majority of UT graduates pass the optional SPHR certification exam on their first tries.
- Network. Meet HR professionals who speak in classes and to student groups such as the Society for Human Resource Management.
- Flexibility. Many of our courses are offered in the evening or online.
UToledo graduates in the human resource management program find work as human resource generalists or as specialists focusing on recruitment, compensation or benefits. HR professionals work for all kinds of entities, including:
- Domestic and international business organizations
- Nonprofit organizations
- Government agencies
Find out more about job prospects for human resource managers.
"What I learned about being successful in the College of Business and Innovation was networking and preparation. Networking can lead you to land great jobs post-graduation. Preparation will help you be efficient and effective for any challenge that may come your way. My advice to current students is go to the job fair at least once. I gained a mentor from the mock interview session. Thanks to his and COBI’s advice, I was able to obtain my position over 250 other candidates."
Kyle Warner, BBA ’14, human resource assistant, Mountain Manor, Maryland Treatment Centers
Read more about Kyle
"The HR courses are tough but really give you a sneak peek as to what your roles and responsibilities will be as an HR professional. I apply those skills every day. During my last semester at UT, I was the president of the student chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management. This really helped me apply the classroom material to real-world situations."
Ashley Kaptur, BBA ’14, human resource generalist, Sunrise Windows Ltd.
Read more about Ashley
Human Resource Management Bachelor's Degree Plan of Study
Human Resource Management Bachelor’s Degree Sample Courses
- Legal and Safety Compliance
- Benefits, Health and Wellness
- Performance Management for Individuals and Teams
- Planning, Selection and Recruitment
- Training and Development
View Plan of Study
Internship Opportunities for Human Resource Management Bachelor's Degree
The majority of our human resource management students earn credit and a paycheck through internships. They work closely with the Business Career Programs office in the College of Business and Innovation. Many internships lead to full-time employment.