If on-campus, call University of Toledo Police Department at 419.530.2600
If off-campus, call 911
Examples of emergencies that fall under this category: criminal activity, automobile accident, missing persons, suicidal/homicidal thoughts, natural disasters (wind, flood, etc.), security threat, sexual assault, violence.
In the event of an emergency that is immigration-related, please call the Office of International Student & Scholar Services (OISSS) at 419.530.4229 during office hours, Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.Anytime outside of OISSS's office hours, please call The University of Toledo Police Department at 419.530.2601 and a dispatcher will contact the appropriate person to assist you.
Examples of emergencies that fall under this category: loss of passport or other important documents while overseas, detainment at U.S. port of entry by immigration officials, immediate threat of deportation while entering the U.S.
Please note that the need for travel endorsement on immigration I-20/DS-2019 documents is not an emergency this can be handled via express mail. Please contact an OISSS team member during regular office hours.
Other Emergency Situations
If you find yourself in an emergency situation when OISSS is closed, call the UT Police Department at 419.530.2600.
Non-Emergency Needs for Assistance
Please feel free to visit or contact the OISSS office in Snyder Memorial Room 1000 or call 419.530.4229, during office hours, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5 pm. Below is the contact information of some of the other departments that may be able to assist you:
- The Counseling Center: 419.530.2426
- Residence Life: 419.530.2941
- Main Campus Medical Center: 419.530.3451
- Health Science Campus Student Health and Wellness: 419.383.3777
- Commuter Student Services: 419.530.8521
- Ask Rocky – Information Center 419.530.4606
- Sexual Assault Education and Prevention Program: 419.530.3431
- Faculty and Staff Information to Explore Your World!: 419.530.5268
- Student Disability Services: 419.530.4981
- Examples of emergencies that fall under this category: accommodation processes and lists multiple on- and off-campus resources
OISSS recommends carrying the following information when traveling around Toledo or the U.S.:
- UT Police information: 419.530.2601
- UT Office of International Student & Scholar Services information: 419.530.4229
- Emergency contact in your home country
- Embassy contact, if applicable
- Insurance contact information (medical, automobile, motorcycle, etc.)
- Nearest hospital
- Allergies and/or medical conditions