Center for Advocacy and Student Experience

Student Resources

How to Resources

Find answers here to the most asked questions about how to navigate every aspect of college life! Visit the Academic Success and Engagement How-to Resources page.

Academic Calendar 

See important dates on UToledo's Academic Calendar.

Academic Issues/Concerns 

There are several campus resources and services to help students struggling with an academic issue.  

  • Academic Advisor: All students have an academic advisor who is their academic content expert. An academic advisor monitors your academic plan of study and works with students to stay on track.  Learn more at UToledo's Academic Advising page.
  • Learning Enhancement Center: Need a little extra help in class? Visit the Learning Enhancement Center (LEC). They offer tutoring in-person, online, and academic coaching. LEC provides UToledo students with accessible, professional, academic support services that enhance success and retention. The LEC is also home to the writing center. Learn more at Learning Enhancement Center.  
  • Supplemental Instruction:  Learn about peer-led informal study groups at What is Supplemental Instruction?
  • Writing Center:  Make an appointment to get help with academic writing at UToledo's Writing Center.
  • TRIO Student Support Services: TRIO SSS strives to provide academic resources and advising to eligible students by developing academic plans and goals, enhancing the student's college experience.  Find out more at TRIO Student Support Services.

Rocket iconback to top

Office of Accessibility and Disability Resources

Recognizing that disabilities contribute to the rich fabric of our campus community, UToledo is committed to providing an equitable experience for all students, embracing the differences that make us unique. If you have a medical condition, you may qualify for reasonable accommodation that could help you in the classroom.  Connect at The Office Of Accessibility and Disability Resources.

Mental Health Resources 

Rocket iconback to top

Academic Grievance

Students who believe they were treated unfairly or unprofessionally by a faculty member may file for academic grievance and have their grievance reviewed through the procedure below:  

Rocket iconback to top

Withdraw from University

Circumstances may arise that make students unable to continue their enrollment as a UToledo student. If the timing of this occurs after the first day of the term or any point prior to finals weeks, students may initiate the withdrawal process to formally discontinue their enrollment at UToledo.  View Add/Drop/Withdraw deadlines.

Medical Withdrawal

The student may initiate medical withdrawal process when a student’s health or wellbeing prevents continued enrollment or the student cannot complete the semester due to a medical reason.  Learn more about medical withdrawal at the Registrar's Application for Medical Withdrawal page.

Report a Concern

The Rocket Care Report is used to connect UToledo community members with help and resources to ensure wellbeing and a safe learning environment for all. If you are experiencing a tough situation that may affect your academics and wellbeing, you may submit a Rocket Care Report on behalf of yourself. The Rocket Care Report is also used to inform The University of Toledo personnel about any inappropriate behavior or suspicious activity that may threaten our community. Any student, faculty, staff, parent, or family member may submit a Rocket Care Report.  Submit a Rocket Care Report.

Rocket iconback to top

Complete an Incident Report

An incident report can be submitted for general, behavioral, or sexual misconduct; harassment; or discrimination.  Submit an Incident Report.

General:  Use the Student Conduct Concern Report Form to report general, behavioral misconduct. Incidents include but are not limited to the following: 

    • Physical/Other Harm 
    • Harassment 
    • Student Group/Organization Violations 
    • Alcohol/Drug Use 

Submit a Student Conduct Concern Report Report.

Sexual Misconduct:  Use the Title IX (Sex Discrimination/Harassment & Sexual Violence) Reporting Form to report incidents of sexual misconduct. Incidents include but are not limited to the following: 

    • Sexual Assault 
    • Sexual Violence 
    • Sexual Harassment 
    • Sexual Discrimination 
    • Interpersonal Relationship Violence 
    • Indecent Exposure 
    • Stalking 
    • Retaliation 

Submit a Title IX Report.

Discrimination/Harassment:  Use this form Discrimination and Harassment Reporting/Complaint Form to report incidents of non-sex based discrimination and harassment. Incidents include, but are not limited to the following: 

    • Non-Sex Discrimination and Harassment Based on Race, Color, Religion, National Origin, Military/Veteran Status, Familial Status, and Political Affiliation 
    • Discrimination and Harassment Based on Disability 
    • Retaliation 

 Submit a Discrimination and Harassment Report/Complaint.

Rocket iconback to top

Emergency Notification Process 

  • When a student is absent from school due to a crisis or unexpected situation and unable to contact their individual instructors directly, the Center for Advocacy and Student Experience can send out a Faculty Notification.  
  • It is, however, the student’s responsibility to also notify the instructor, if possible, and to connect with the instructor upon returning to the university. The faculty notification asks for the student to be excused from class for a period and asks instructors to allow students to make up missed coursework.  
  • Situations where a faculty notification is issued: 
    • Medical (hospitalization, injury/illness, surgery) 
    • Mental Health (Psychiatric Unit, ZEPF Center) 
    • Death of a family/friend 
    • Unexpected travel  
  • Situations where a faculty notification is not issued:  
    • Non-emergency situation 
    • One-day absence (doctor/dentist appointment) 
    • Missing class due to flat tire, oversleeping, etc.  
    • We encourage you to work with your instructor and notify them as soon as you become aware of potential absences.  
  • We encourage you to build rapport with your instructors and communicate as often as necessary. CASE involvement should not eliminate direct contact between faculty and student. Communicate needs and absences to instructors as soon as you become aware. If you have already contacted your instructors, and your instructors are willing to work with you, there is no need to contact CASE for a faculty notification 
  • Please note that documentation is required to issue a letter to faculty. 

Rocket iconback to top


The University of Toledo has a zero tolerance policy on hazing.  Learn about the rights of students, faculty, and staff to be free of hazing under Collin's Law.  Also learn about what hazing is and how to report it at OSIL's Hazing Prevention: Collin's Law page.

Sexual Misconduct Information 

Learn about Title IX's commitment to prevention and confidential support, information, and resources at Title IX Sexual Misconduct Information.

Getting Involved on Campus

Looking to get involved, Rockets? Our Office of Student Involvement team cultivates opportunities that shape and transform your college experience. From student organizations to Greek Life, and volunteerism, you can find an organization with which to get involved.  Visit the Office of Student Involvement and Leadership page.

Rocket iconback to top

Last Updated: 3/8/24