Center for International Studies and Programs

International Student Services


Explore Your World


Contact Us

Main Campus
Snyder Memorial 1000

Phone: 419.530.5268
Fax:  419.530.5266

Visa & Travel Information

Traveling Outside the United States:

  • If you have plans to travel outside the U.S., make sure that your Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 or DS-2019) is endorsed for travel before you leave. Travel signatures on I-20s and DS-2019s are valid for one year, but it is recommended to have a signature no more than 6 months old if you will need to apply for a visa while abroad.
  • Please fill out the I-20/DS-2019 Certification at least 2 weeks prior to traveling and submit to OISS.
  • I-20/DS-2019 Certification

Traveling Inside the United States:

Travel Information & Warnings:

Visa Information

1st Time Applying for a Nonimmigrant Visa?

  • If this is your first time to the U.S. on an F-1 or J-1 visa.

Renewing a Nonimmigrant Visa?

  • Have you been studying in the U.S. and will need to leave the country? If your F-1 visa has expired, you'll need to get a new one!

What is Automatic Visa Revalidation?

  • Automatic Revalidation of your expired F-1 or J-1 visa will occur if you travel to Canada or Mexico for less than 30 days.

Want to travel to Canada?

  • Do you need a Canadian visitor visa? Do you need to know what to carry with you across the border?
Last Updated: 10/1/15