Visa & Travel Information
Traveling Outside the United States:
- If you have plans to travel outside the U.S., make sure that your Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 or DS-2019) is endorsed for travel before you leave. Travel signatures on I-20s and DS-2019s are valid for one year, but it is recommended to have a signature no more than 6 months old if you will need to apply for a visa while abroad.
- Please fill out the I-20/DS-2019 Certification at least 2 weeks prior to traveling and submit to OISS.
- I-20/DS-2019 Certification
Traveling Inside the United States:
- It is recommended that you take your original documents when traveling inside the U.S. This includes your passport with visa, I-20/DS-2019 and I-94 card.
- We also suggest making copies of all documents when traveling and keep in a safe place.
- Looking for transportation around Toledo? CLICK HERE for transportation options.
Travel Information & Warnings:
- Travel Warnings
- Transportation Security Administration: airline and airport security and regulations.
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- If this is your first time to the U.S. on an F-1 or J-1 visa.
- Have you been studying in the U.S. and will need to leave the country? If your F-1 visa has expired, you'll need to get a new one!
- Automatic Revalidation of your expired F-1 or J-1 visa will occur if you travel to Canada or Mexico for less than 30 days.
- Do you need a Canadian visitor visa? Do you need to know what to carry with you across the border?