Managing Emergencies - Safety First!
Plan for Emergencies:
In an unfamiliar environment with potential communication and cultural barriers, a minor crisis may be more difficult to handle. So be prepared for emergencies.
Print out and complete these Emergency Planning Worksheet. We suggest you print out your Emergency Action Plan and keep a copy with you at all times.
To increase your comfort level, be prepared and have a plan on what you would do in case of an emergency.
- Gather medical records and documents
- Make a plan – Emergency Action Plan Worksheet
Better to have a plan and not use it, than to have something happen and not know who to call or where to go for help.
Gather these documents and information together before you leave:
- copy of Passport and Visa (where applicable)
- copy of insurance card/information
- copy of home drivers licenses
- emergency assistance information
- area maps
- list of special medical needs and treatment Information
- power of attorney
Complete this worksheet to assist you with creating your personalized Emergency Action Plan