Carlson Library Information Commons
The Information Commons in Carlson Library is a collaboration between the University Libraries and Information Technology which brings together a variety of services for student success. The Information Commons is open 24/5 and features:
- 100 general workstations for student use (UTAD login, Windows 7, Microsoft Office) connected to 4 Print Stations (3 printers at each station)
- 70 laptops for checkout and use within the Library's wireless environment (UTAD Login, Microsoft Office, Windows 7, etc.)
- 2 Mac labs equipped with 16 iMac computers (UTAD Login, Mac OS, Microsoft Office for Macs, etc.)
- 2 Accessibility workstations with hardware and software for patrons with mobility or vision impairments
- Wireless network for personal devices is available for students. It is called Secured Public and you can authenticate using your UTAD account.
- Library services, including
- Reference Librarians that can help you find material for your research and
- 3 Information Literacy classrooms (two 32 seat and one 20 seat capacity) to learn about how to find, evaluate, and organize information.
- An IT Help Desk, for troubleshooting and training on computer software applications and hardware.
Other services located in Carlson Library near the Information Commons include