Military Service Center

Guard & Reserve Activation Guidelines

  1. Present a copy of your Active Duty Orders to the Military Service Center so we may document it in your file. This can be done by emailing it to

  2. Contact your professor(s) to see if you can complete your coursework early or take a grade of incomplete to finish the coursework the following semester. Taking this route may depend upon when you are scheduled to leave for active duty. Also, be sure to check your bill for any outstanding balances.

  3. If #2 is not an option, you can submit a Petition for Administrative Adjustment to request a full refund of your tuition and fees. This option includes writing a statement describing your situation and providing a copy of your active duty orders with the form. This form should be completed and taken to Rocket Solution Central (RSC) in Rocket Hall 1200. You may call RSC with any questions at 419.530.8700 or concerning withdrawing from class and financial aid/billing concerns.

  4. For further information on the Ohio Revised Code 3345.53 for Military leave of absence for student on active duty, please click here.

We hope that your active duty time will be spent safely so you may return to your studies at The University of Toledo as soon as possible.

If we can assist you in any way, please contact us the Military Service Center at

Thank you for your service!

Last Updated: 7/15/24