Military Service Center

Resources for Military Connected Students

University Resources

Rocket Career Center

Location: Student Union, Room 1533
Phone: 419.530.4341
Email: RocketCareerCenter@utoledo.eduPOC: Davlon Miller, 419.530.4456,

Rocket Career Center works to connect students with meaningful learning experiences; they also assist students with major and career exploration. Military connected students can come here for assistance on resumes, practice interviews and multiple workshops to help make you more marketable to employers.

Center for Student Advocacy and Wellness

Location: Health and Human Services, Room 3017
Phone: 419.530.2497
POC: Dr. Kasey A. Tucker-Gail,

The Center for Student Advocacy and Wellness is dedicated to serving UToledo students, faculty and staff who have experienced sexual assault or interpersonal violence. The goal is for every member of the university community to be able to receive services that will help them heal from trauma and increase victim awareness at the University of Toledo and throughout our larger community. Sexual assault is a huge ongoing issue throughout the military, if you or someone you love has been a victim of sexual assault or interpersonal violence, this office will help you recover from the trauma as well as advocate during legal, student conduct proceedings and Title IX investigations

Counseling Center

Location: 1735 W. Rocket Dr. University Health Center, Toledo, OH 43606
Phone: 419.530.2426
Email: Must follow link to make appointment             

The Counseling Center is the University's primary facility for personal counseling, psychotherapy, and psychological outreach and consultation services. Military connected students battling any sort of mental illness can take advantage at this free service. This service is completely free for any student admitted to the University.

Education Abroad Office

Location: Snyder Memorial, Room 1000
Phone: 419. 530.4153
POC: David Black,

The University of Toledo is a member of University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC) which offers opportunities in 50 different programs in 27 countries. In addition to the USAC programs, there are study abroad programs led by College of Business faculty members. These trips are often 2-3 weeks in length. Examples of College of Business faculty trips include eastern Europe, western Europe, and Asia. Opportunities vary from year to year. The International Business program has recently gone to Japan over Spring Break to study business culture in the country. Be sure to check your email and student newsletters for updates regarding these special travel opportunities. Students typically enroll in a combination of business courses (taught in English), non-business courses (taught in English), and foreign language courses (at the student's option). Military students looking to study abroad and expand their knowledge beyond UToledo should contact this office to seek these opportunities.

The Foreign Language Learning Center

Location: Memorial Field House, Room 2400
Phone: 419.530.5959

The Foreign Language Learning Center (also referred to as the FLLC or Language Lab) is a media driven learning lab for the Department of World Languages and Culturesat the University of Toledo. The Foreign Language Learning Center is strictly reserved for students who study a foreign language or are foreign language majors.

Informational Technology

Location: Carlson Library
Phone: 419.530.2400 or 419.383.2400

The ITHelpdesk provides a central point of contact for students, patients, physicians, faculty, academic staff, medical staff, administrative staff and university administrators for questions, issue resolution, service requests and informational inquires for all university supported systems. This is a great tool for new military connected students who may not know what resource they need. You can call this desk and they will get you to the right people.

Learning Enhancement Center

Location: Carlson Library, Room B0200
Phone: 419.530.2176

As a learning center, our mission is to provide all University of Toledo students with accessible, professional, academic support services that enhance success and retention. Military connected students can go her for tutoring that helps student prepare for tests, learn new concepts, improve study techniques and help on assignments. This is a peer led program.

Legal Services Student Union

Location: Student Union, Room 3504
Phone: 419.530.7230

Student Legal Services is a general practice law firm. They provide licensed attorneys to UT students to advise and/or represent them in their personal legal matters. Student Legal Services Inc. provides access to licensed attorneys who can assist you in the following types of legal matters: Consumer issues (debt collection, contracts, credit disputes, lemon law or warranty claims, defective-item repairs); Landlord/tenant issues (leases, conditions, evictions, security deposits, collections); Misdemeanor criminal and traffic matters (speeding, OMVI, underage consumption, disorderly conduct, etc.); Probate matters such as wills, name change, step-parent adoptions; Expungements or petitions to seal records; Employment and unemployment matters; Uncontested divorces or dissolution of marriage actions (no children or property involved); Accident cases (property damage claims and/or minor personal injury) Court representation is limited to legal matters pending in courts located in Lucas County, Ohio.

Lib Guide


Library Services

Location: Carlson Library
Phone: 419.388.4225
POC: Gerald Natal,, 419.388.4227

Circulation (checking materials in and out of the library) is a part of the Access Services department. Most circulation activity takes place at the service desk on the fourth floor of the library. Course Reserves is a part of the Access Services department. Reserve materials are located behind the service desk on the fourth floor of the library. Interlibrary services (or ILS, interlibrary loan, or ILL) is a part of the Access Services department. ILS obtains materials not available at the Mulford Library for library users. Reference is a part of the Information Services department. Reference staff members provide help using library resources and find information for patrons. Instruction is a part of the Information Services department and provides many kinds of opportunities for faculty, residents, staff, and students to improve information-seeking and information management skills. In addition to serving faculty, residents, staff, and students at the University of Toledo, we also provide services for local and regional health care providers. Military connected students can also check out the Veterans Lounge located on the second floor. The lounge has its own study area with computers, a printer, and a copier as well as a common room with a fridge and TV among other commodities.

Office of the Dean of Students

Location: Student Union, Room 2509
Phone: 419.530.8852
POC: Dr. Sammy J. Spann, Interim Senior Associate Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students

The Dean of Students office promotes student development, services to programs, and has implemented policies that support an inclusive environment to all students. The Dean of Student office is a central location where students, faculty, and parents come to understand and navigate through issues arising in student life. We support students by providing inclusiveness which essentially equips our students to be change agents for the future. Military students who have issues with discrimination or being singled out should contact this office.

Office of Financial Aid

Location: Rocket Hall, Room 1200
Phone: 419.530.8700

The University of Toledo is committed to helping find ways to make a college education affordable for UT students and their families. We offer a variety of services and programs designed to help you find ways to meet your educational expenses. If you are using your GI bill and recently separated from active duty, FASFA could still be going off of your active duty tax returns. Fill out the special request form and you may be awarded more of you PELL grant.

Office of Multicultural Student Success

Location: Student Union
Phone: 419.530.2261

Help with making a successful transition to college Support that starts on the first day of classes and continues all the way to graduation Academic and social programs that get and keep you connected with UT! Enrichment opportunities with student organizations, peers, campus and community leaders Opportunities to develop your own leadership potential Host 10 events concerning History and Heritage Mentoring programs for LGBTQA, Latino and African Americans Career fairs specific to diversity hiring Tutoring services on Tuesday and Wednesday from 7pm to 9pm for math and science Safe place training Undocumented student training 4 workshops to gain a certificate for diversity that is recognized across the campus. Military connected students making the transition from active duty to college could use this service to help connect them with different members of the community for continued success in academics and in life.

Rocket Solution Central

Location: Rocket Hall, Room 1200
Phone: 419.530.8700

For your registration, financial aid and billing needs. If you see a weird balance on your account after your contract payment, Rocket Solution Central is the place to go to see what those funds can be used for or if you may owe some fees.

Accessibility and Disability Resources

Location: Rocket Hall, Room 1820
Phone: 419.530.4981
POC: Lisa Yost, 419.530.4981,

Accessibility and Disability Resources is committed to removing barriers for students with disabilities at The University of Toledo by ensuring that appropriate accommodations are provided by the Office of Accessibility and Disability Resources. Accessibility and Disability Resources works directly in partnership with students, instructors, administrators, and staff to coordinate and provide accommodations for students with disabilities.

Student Health

Main Campus Location: 1675 West Rocket Dr. Toledo, OH, 43606
Phone: 419.530.3451

Military connected students can use this center for great primary healthcare.
HSC Student Health and Wellness Center, Ruppert Health Center Room 0013 (Lower Level) Appointments: 419.383.5000

Office of Recreational Services

Location: 2800 East Rocket Drive Main Campus, Toledo, OH 43606
Phone: 419.530.3700

UToledo Recreational Services strives to enhance the human condition by providing engaging recreational and wellness programs and services that enrich student learning and The University of Toledo community.

Local Resources

VA Community Base Outreach Center (Toledo CBOC)

Location: 1200 South Detroit Ave. Toledo, OH 43614
Phone: 419.259.2000

This is the local VA medical center located in Toledo. Service offered include Primary Care, Mental Health, Audiology, Dental, Optometry, Pharmacy, Physical Therapy, Women’s Health, Medical Laboratory, and Radiology.  The VA Toledo CBOC formally serves 8 Ohio counties - Lucas, Ottawa, Fulton, Sandusky, Henry, Seneca, Wood, and Hancock. Veterans also come to the clinic from other counties in Ohio, as well as southeastern Michigan.

Veteran Service Commission

Location: 2595 Arlington Ave, Toledo, OH 43614
Phone: 419.213.6090
POC: Jason Brown

Assistance with filing claims and requesting Military records for veterans, Temporary Financial Assistance is available to those Honorably Discharged veterans who are residents of Lucas County Examples of assistance are: Food Vouchers; Rent, Mortgage, Utility; Medical Prescription Funds; Transportation to VA Medical Facilities.

Vet Center

Location: 1565 S Byrne Rd, Toledo, OH 43614
Phone: 419.213.7533
POC: Veronica Bauer, 419.250.5373

Any veteran and active duty service members, to include members of the National Guard and Reserves: have served on active duty in any combat theater or area of hostility Community-based counseling centers that provide a wide range of social and psychological services, including professional readjustment counseling to eligible Veterans, active duty service members, including National Guard and Reserve components, and their families. Counseling: Individual, Group, Marital and Family Employment Referrals Alcohol and Drug referrals.

State Resources

Educator License Fees Eliminated for Veterans and Active Duty Service Members and their Spouses

Phone: 877.644.6338

The Ohio Department of Education has eliminated fees for educator licenses to recognize the contributions of military families. The fees for any initial Ohio educator license, permit or certificate – or for a renewal – will be waived for candidates who are veterans with honorable discharges or current service members of all branches of the United States Armed Forces; the National Guard or Reserve; and the Ohio Military Reserve or Ohio Naval Militia (under the Ohio Adjutant General). Spouses of active duty service members also may receive a license free of charge.

Military Injury Relief Fund (MIRF)

Phone: 877.644.6838 opt. 3

The Military Injury Relief Fund grants a one-time, tax-exempt monetary payment to military service members injured in active service as a member of the Armed Forces of the United States serving after October 7, 2001, and to individuals diagnosed with post-traumatic stress while serving after October 7, 2001. Up to $500 in injury relief for combat injuries.

OHIOcares for the National Guard

Phone: 800.761.0868

OHIOcares purpose is to enhance the “safety net” of behavioral health services available for military personnel and their families including the services available through the Department of Veterans Affairs and Vet Centers. Providing command with the tools they need to guide service members in need is critical to accomplishing this. Resources can be accessed through links on these pages or you can call our non-emergency resource information line.

Ohio Veterans Bonus Program


Are you an Afghanistan Era Vet? The Ohio Veterans Bonus program offers a bonus for military service since October 7, 2001. Once a veteran has received $500 for service anywhere in the world or $1,000 for service in a designated country, or the maximum $1,500 bonus, the veteran is not eligible for additional funds, even if they served in multiple conflicts.

Ohio Veterans Homes

Phone: 937.378.2900 & 419.625.2454

Georgetown: The Ohio Veterans Home in Georgetown offers 168 beds for nursing home care. Two levels of care are offered: standard care for veterans in need of any intermediate level of care, and special care for veterans with Alzheimer’s disease and other types of dementia. The home opened in 2003, and is located in the scenic countryside of Brown County, offering a tranquil setting where veterans can feel at home. Those who wish to visit with our residents can enjoy a small park on the grounds, which includes a pavilion, walking trail and playground. Sandusky: The Ohio Veterans Home in Sandusky is a 427-bed nursing home facility. Two levels of care are offered: standard care for those veterans in need of any intermediate level of care, and special care for veterans with Alzheimer's disease and other types of dementia. The home opened in 1888 to care for veterans of the Civil War, and has been in continuous operation since. It is located near Lake Erie, in the heart of Ohio's family-friendly lake shore attractions and recreational hub.

Ohio Veteran’s Courts

Location: 65 South Front Street 6th Fl, Columbus, OH 43215
Phone: 614.387.9425

The Supreme Court of Ohio supports the implementation of Veterans’ Courts through the certification of Veterans’ Treatment specialized dockets. The emphasis in these Veterans’ Courts is on treatment and diversion rather than punishment. The Ohio Department of Veterans Services has established effective working relationships with these Courts in order to provide guidance and assistance on issues like sustainable funding and obtaining certification from the Supreme Court.

Ohio Veterans Home Cemetery


The Ohio Veterans Home Cemetery is located in Perkins Township, Sandusky, Ohio in Erie County. It is also known as The Ohio Soldiers' and Sailors' Cemetery, and Soldiers' Home Cemetery. It has been located on the grounds of the Ohio Veterans Home since 1888, supporting the Ohio Veterans Home with the motto: Serving those who served. Currently, there are over 4,000 veterans buried at the cemetery. Two famous internments are listed in the records, both recipients of the Congressional Medal of Honor. William Louis Carr served as a Corporal in the United States Marine Corps, receiving the China Relief Expedition Congressional Medal of Honor. His citation reads, "In action at Peking, China, 21 July to 17 August 1900. Throughout this action and in the presence of the enemy, Carr distinguished himself by his conduct." James Jardine served as a First Lieutenant in the Union Army. He was awarded the Medal of Honor as a Sergeant in Company F, 53th Ohio Infantry for action on May 22, 1863 at Vicksburg, Mississippi. His citation reads, "Gallantry in the charge of the 'volunteer storming party.'" Veterans residing in the Ohio Veterans Home can request burial in the cemetery. Approximately 24 veterans are buried at the site each year. The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs provides the markers for the cemetery.

Ohio War Orphan & Severely Disabled Veteran’s Scholarship

Location: 25 South Front Street, Columbus, OH 43215
Phone: 614.466.6000

The Ohio War Orphan & Severely Disabled Veterans' Scholarship Program awards tuition assistance to the children of deceased or severely disabled Ohio veterans.

Ohio Women Veterans

Location: 77 S. High Street 7th Floor, Columbus, OH 43215
Phone: 614.644.0898

The Ohio Department of Veterans Services strives to ensure that the voices of Ohio’s 67,000 women veterans are heard. ODVS Director Deborah Ashenhurst appoints a committee of engaged and knowledgeable women veterans to provide advice, counsel and input on issues, opportunities and programs impacting Ohio women veterans.

Troop & Family Assistance

Location: 2660 Eber Rd, Swanton, OH 43558
Phone: 800.589.9914
POC:  Patricia Markowski, 614.336.6615,

Crisis Intervention: Shelters Abuse & Neglect Counseling Services Financial Resources: Military Pay Financial Assistance Applications Subsidy Programs Financial Counseling & Budgeting Legal: Local legal aid Local JAG Information Local ESGR Power of Attorney/Willis SCRA Community Information: Survivor Outreach Food Pantry, Car repair, shelter Child Care Veterans Organizations.

Veteran Friendly Business Enterprise Program

Location: 4200 Surface Road, Columbus, OH 43228
Phone:  614.466.8380

The State of Ohio's Veteran-Friendly Business Enterprise (VBE) Procurement program provides preference or bonus points to certified companies that compete to contract with the state to supply the goods or services it needs, including eligible construction services.

National Resources

Homeowners Assistance Program (HAP)

Location: 100 West Oglethorpe Ave. ATTN: Cesas-Re-Ah, Savannah, GA 31401
Phone: 800.861.8144

Section 1001 of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 expanded the HAP authority to authorize the Secretary of Defense to provide financial aid to: 1) Members of the Armed Forces (30% or greater disability) who incur a wound, injury, or illness in the line of duty during a deployment in support of the Armed Forces on or after September 11, 2001; 2) Wounded DoD and Coast Guard civilian homeowners reassigned in furtherance of medical treatment or rehabilitation or due to medical retirement in connection with a disability incurred in the performance of his or her duties during a forward deployment occurring on or after September 11, 2001 in support of the Armed Forces; and 3) Surviving spouses of fallen warriors who move within two years of the death of such employee or member.

Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunities for Military Children

Phone: 571.372.5357
POC: Marcus Beauregard
Website: -military-children

DoD is establishing policies to implement the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunity for Military Children (referred to as the “Compact”) within the DoD, informed by the sense of Congress, and in furtherance of the operation of DoD schools. The final rule provides components with policies to support the intent of the Compact, which is to aid the transition of school-age children in military families between school districts (to include between Department of Defense Educational Activity (DoDEA) schools and state school districts). Each state joining the Compact agrees to address specific school transition issues in a consistent way and minimize school disruptions for military children transferring from one state school system to another. The Compact consists of general policies in four key areas: Eligibility, enrollment, placement, and graduation. Children of active duty members of the uniformed services, National Guard and Reserve on active duty orders, and members or veterans who are medically discharged or retired for one year are eligible for assistance under the Compact.

Troop to Teachers

Phone: 800.231.6242

Have you thought about a career in teaching? It’s never too early to think about your post-military career goals and begin exploring your options. By becoming a teacher, you can: Make a difference in young people's lives Use your experience to bring subjects to life Help students realize their potential Positively impact your local community The Troops to Teachers (TTT) program helps current and former members of the Armed Forces transition into second careers as K-12 teachers upon separation from military service.

Last Updated: 5/13/24