There are two Offices of Student Affairs to serve College of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences students.
Mrs. Dawn LePla, Secretary
Dr. Mary Powers, Associate Dean for Main Campus Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
Mrs. Julie Croy, Adviser Pre-Professional Division
Health Science Campus - Health Education Building 155
Ms. Audra Wilson, Administrative Assistant
Dr. Monica Holiday-Goodman, Associate Dean for Health Science Campus Student Affairs and Diversity
Mrs. Jing Meyer, Director of Student Services for the Professional Division
Mr. Jose Trevino, Director of Transfer Services and Recruitment
Below is advising information for all honor students, student athletes, Pre-professional Division students and Professional Division (BSPS and PharmD) students.
Pre-professional division students will seek advising in the Office of Student Affairs - Main Campus (1227 WO, phone 419.530.2010 CPPSadvising@utoledo.edu).
- Individual appointments can be made online 24/7 by clicking on the Schedule Now link below, by visiting WO
1227, or by calling 419.530.2010. When making an appointment, you will be asked to
give your name, Rocket ID number, phone number and reason for appointment. Most appointments
are scheduled for 30-minute intervals.
- Walk-in advising is designed for brief questions or concerns. Walk-in advising is on a first come-first served basis. Requests to meet with a specific advisor cannot be accommodated during walk-in's. Office staff reserves the right to schedule a regular individual appointment for a student if the student's circumstances are extensive.
Changes to the standard "walk-in" schedule listed below will be posted weekly at Wolfe Hall 1227.
|Monday||1:00 - 5:00||WO 1227|
|Tuesday||1:00 - 5:00||WO 1227|
|Wednesday||9am - noon; 1:00 - 5:00 PM||WO 1227|
|Thursday||1:00 - 5:00||WO 1227|
|Friday||9am - noon||WO 1227|
- Group advising workshops for PP1 students (spring) and PP2 students (fall and spring) will be held during the first few weeks of each semester. These workshops will provide up-to-date and important information about curriculum, policies, deadlines and College of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences current events. Attendance at one workshop each term is mandatory. Dates and times will be announced in Pharmacy classes, posted on the hallway monitors and announced in the weekly CPPS Newsletter. No pre-registration is required.
- Email advising questions to CPPS email@example.com
- Skype advising may be available during peak walk-in advising times from WO1227 (student) to HSC (advisor).
- Student athletes must schedule an individual appointment with Deb Sobczak each semester to review NCAA eligibility requirements and obtain signed approval form.
- Honor students will be notified of your assigned Honors faculty advisor via email. At least one individual appointment with your honors faculty advisor is required each semester.
- Honor students are also able to meet with professional Academic Advisors as frequently as they want. (Please refer to above info.)
- Group advising workshops are also required for Honor students. Please refer to the information above.
After students are accepted into the professional division, they will have an assigned faculty advisor. Professional division honors students will retain the same advisor as they had in the pre-professional division. Students will be notified of their assigned faculty advisor via email.
The professional division advising is conducted by the Coordinator of Advising and Student Services for Professional Division and faculty advisors.
Appointment with your faculty advisor is strongly encouraged and is mandatory for P1 professional division students. Newly admitted professional division students are reqeuired to meet with their faculty advisors during the P1 year. P1 professional division students won't be able to register for fall P2 classes until they have met with their faculty advisor. You will be emailed your faculty advisor contact information. You can also find the faculty advisor contact information by clicking on the Advisor Contact Information link below.
Appointments with Jing Meyer, the Coordinator of Advising and Student Services for Professional Division, are welcome and can be made by calling 419.383.1904 or online at https://www.securedata-trans13.com/ap/none30/index.php?page=10. When making an appointment, you will be asked to give your name, Rocket ID number, phone number and reason for appointment. Most appointments are scheduled for 30-minute intervals.
Group advising workshops for different levels of professional division students will be held during the academic year. Students will be notified of time and location via email.
Walk-in Advising is available for professional division students in the Student Affairs’ Offices. Walk-in Advising is designed for brief questions or concerns. It is first come-first served. Changes to the standard “walk-in” schedule listed below will be posted at the Student Affairs’ Offices:
M, T, R and F 11:00 am – 12:00 pm HEB 155
- Wednesday 9:00 am - 4:30 pm HEB 155
R 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm WO 1227 (Skype)