Diplomas and Certificates
- Diplomas and Certificates are issued four times a year: May, June (Medical students only), August and December.
- Diploma and Certificate content: Student's name, College, Degree, Date of Graduation and Honors earned. Note: Majors, minors and concentrations do not appear on the diploma.
- Diploma and Certificate Size
Undergraduate diplomas and certificates are 8 x 10
All other diplomas and certificates are 11 x 14
- Diplomas and Certificates are mailed after students have been cleared by their college office and the degree has been posted to their transcript. This generally occurs within thirty days following commencement but may take longer in some cases.
- Once the degree has been posted students should generally expect to receive their diploma or certificate by mail within three weeks. To see their posted degree students can check their unofficial transcript online through the myUT Portal.
- In all instances, the awarding of degrees is subject to the completion of degree requirements.
- The mailing of the diploma or certificate will be delayed should there be any holds on a student's record (e.g. traffic fines, financial obligations, library fines). Login to the myUT portal / Student Self-Service link to be sure there are no holds to your account that could delay receipt of your diploma.
- Diplomas are mailed by the printer, Paradigm Corp., to the address requested via the online Application to Graduate. Once your diploma has been mailed, Paradigm Corp. will send an email to your student email address notifying you that your diploma has been mailed.
- You may not pick up your diploma or certificate from the Registrar's Office unless you previously requested to do so on the Application to Graduate. Diplomas are mailed directly from the printer so only those previously requested to be held are mailed to the Registrar's Office.
- Doctor of Medicine diplomas are issued to students during the May commencement ceremony.
Replacement Diplomas and Certificates
Replacement diplomas and certificates are available for by filling out the Replacement Diploma Application and following the instructions as indicated.
The replacement diploma or certificate will bear the signatures of the current administration, will be issued from the college that currently houses the academic program, and will contain the following notation at the bottom "Replacement Diploma" or "Replacement Certificate".
For additional information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.