Online Nursing RN to BSN Bachelor's Degree Overview
Nurses with BSNs are highly sought after in today’s health-care industry. Registered nurses with associate’s degrees or diplomas can earn Bachelor of Science in Nursing degrees online in just two to three years at The University of Toledo.
Finish your pre-reqs at an institution of your choice. Then apply to UToledo’s accredited RN to BSN online degree program in the College of Nursing.
The nursing program’s curriculum provides broader instruction in nursing practice. Classes are more intense and relevant to experienced, practicing nurses.
The online degree will prepare you for leading roles in nursing, as well as advanced practice nursing programs, such as UToledo’s Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) or Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP).
Online Nursing RN to BSN Bachelor's Degree Highlights
- Flexible options. UToledo’s RN to BSN online degree program can be completed at your own pace.
- Two enrollment periods — fall and spring
- Online classes that can be taken anywhere
- Multiple plans of study
- Academic support. The University of Toledo is committed to helping you stay on track to complete your bachelor’s degree. Academic advisers in the College of Nursing assist students from application to graduation, and ensure they’re fully prepared to meet program requirements.
- Technical support. The University of Toledo is a top public, research university. We have extensive technology and resources to help you get the most from your distance learning experience. Online nursing students have access to eLibrary, eTutoring, the IT Help Desk and more through UT Online.
A BSN from The University of Toledo can help you:
- Increase your earning potential
- Take on management roles in nursing
- Continue studies in an advanced practice program, such as The University of Toledo’s MSN and DNP graduate programs in nursing
"As a full-time RN, I was looking for a program that offered full- or part-time options so I could still have a personal life with my family."
Online Nursing RN to BSN Bachelor's Degree Plan of Study
UToledo’s RN to BSN online degree program focuses on clinical theory, research and critical thinking. It encourages the practical application of effective nursing and health care. Online courses are designed and taught by experts in the field of nursing who are nationally certified, advanced practice nurses.
RN to BSN Degree Sample Courses
- Transition to BSN Practice
- Nursing Leadership and Management
- Theory and Collaborative Practice
- Health Promotion and Assessment of Families Across the Lifespan