Early Childhood Education Pre K - 3 Bachelor's Degree Overview
Early childhood education prepares adults with energy and a passion for life with the skills to influence the lives of young children and their families through teaching. Students learn theories and the best teaching practices to do their job effectively. Great learning experiences can be found on campus and in the community.
UT's academic programs prepare prospective teachers to work with children from preschool through third grade. Students get practical experience through experiences in local schools and social agencies throughout their education at UT.
Critical issues such as literacy, child advocacy and disabilities are explored in UT's early childhood education program. Student teaching also gives students the chance to work with outstanding teachers and gain real-world experience by actually teaching in a classroom.
College of Education Highlights
- Four years to complete all bachelor's degree programs - Once students start as education majors, they can finish any program within four years.
- More field placements - Our college gives students several field placements in different settings and schools before they start student-teaching. This means they are better prepared for the classroom.
- Focus on math and science education - Much of the demand in Ohio and other states is for teachers in the STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) fields. Thanks to our partnerships, grants and faculty research, we are a leader in these areas of teacher preparation.
- Better preparation for teaching in urban and diverse settings - Thanks to our close partnerships with Toledo area schools, our students get experience and coursework centered around the unique needs of today's students.
- Master's, education specialist and Ph.D. programs - Our undergraduate students benefit from the high-caliber faculty and resources that are attracted by these upper-level programs.
- 2+2 completion program for Early Childhood - We offer a program for individuals with an associate's degree working in a day care to earn their bachelor's degree within two years, completely online.
Graduates in early childhood education are eligible for an early childhood teaching license in the state of Ohio. Many graduates also find that earning additional or specialized licensure gives them more employment opportunities.
Early Childhood Education Pre K - 3 Bachelor's Degree Curriculum
Early Childhood Education Pre K - 3 Bachelor's Degree4-year program
Program Quick LinksView Admission Requirements
Department of Early Childhood Education, Higher Education and Special Education! Programs
College of Education