International Business Bachelor's Degree Overview
Firms worldwide depend more and more on international trade. They need managers with good global communication and business skills. The University of Toledo’s international business program prepares students for this dynamic, global marketplace.
Our program is ranked the 16th best in the nation by the Journal of International Business Studies. The undergraduate curriculum combines international business practices and foundations in marketing, finance, management, e-business, supply chain management or information systems.
International Business Bachelor's Degree Highlights
- Top business school. Bloomberg ranked our accredited College of Business and Innovation as one of the country’s best.
- Study abroad. International business students are encouraged to spend time abroad. UT’s Center for International Studies and Programs and the College of Business and Innovation help students find the right fit in dozens of cities around the world. COBI even offers a short-term study abroad as part of its curriculum.
- Double major and impress employers. UToledo offers 13 bachelor of business administration majors. This makes it easy for UT students to double major or minor in another area of business. It also gives them an advantage when looking for jobs. Marketing is a popular pairing with international business.
- Internships. The majority of our business undergraduates take internships that often lead to full-time positions. Work with professionals in international business while earning credit and a paycheck.
- Research-active faculty. Members of UToledo’s business faculty are experts in their fields, even earning recognition as a top researcher by an international business journal.
- Knowledge of other cultures is crucial. International business students are required to show competency in a foreign language. They are encouraged to study related fields like geography, political science and economics.
Today's global business systems are growing rapidly, creating a need for graduates with knowledge and skills about international business.
UToledo’s College of Business and Innovation has an 83% job placement rate. Our graduates live and work all over the world.
International business graduates work for:
- Government and industry agencies involved in international trade and economic development
- Financial institutions
- Manufacturing firms
- Multi-national corporations in the U.S. and abroad
They work as:
- International marketing professionals
- International logistics coordinators
- Immigration specialists
- Business analysts
- Language specialists
- Import/export coordinators
International Business Bachelor's Degree Plan of Study
International Business Bachelor’s Degree Sample Courses
- International Marketing
- Global Strategic Management
- Global Environment of Business
View Plan of Study
Internship Opportunities for International Business Bachelor's Degree
More than 85 percent of UT business students complete internships. Our Business Career Programs office helps students secure positions locally and across the country. Many students receive offers of full-time employment from their internship employers.
Meet Dean Gary Insch, who traveled with business students to London and Berlin in 2016.
“We always remember that business functions internationally, existing in a global environment… as does COBI. Students gain real-world insight into what international business is by visiting several diverse, international enterprises located in these centers of international commerce. It’s a fantastic learning experience. All of this is very exciting and reflects the inter-connectivity of today’s global economy. Our faculty and staff take great pride in knowing our graduates are ready to take their place upon the global business stage.”
Learn more here.
Meet Daniel Andrews, who studied abroad in Costa Rica in 2013 while attending UT.
International Business Bachelor's Degree4-year program
Program Quick LinksView Admission Requirements
Department of Marketing and International Business
College of Business and Innovation