International Business Bachelor's Degree Overview
Firms worldwide are depending more on international trade, creating a need for graduates with global communication and business skills. International business majors gain a strong understanding of how global business has evolved and made an impact on worldwide competition.
UT's international business program was ranked as the 16th best in the nation by The Journal of International Business Studies. Our program helps students focus their degree by combining international business practices with foundations in marketing, finance, management, e-business, supply chain management or information systems. Knowledge of other cultures is crucial, therefore students are required to show they are competent in a foreign language and encouraged to study related fields like geography, political science and economics.
Students are urged to participate in a study abroad program, of which UT has more than 80 to choose. Finally, students can gain real-world experience through numerous internship opportunities that often lead to full-time positions. This lets students work with professionals in international business while earning college credit and money.
College of Business and Innovation Highlights
- High-touch, high-tech environment - Students study and practice with the tools, software and situations they'll encounter in the business world thru fully equipped learning labs.
- Internships - More than 85 percent of students do an internship. Through our connections and placement support, we help students secure a position in town or across the country.
- High placement rate - About 80 percent of our students find jobs after graduation; this has remained consistent, even with the economic downturn.
- New facilities - Our new Savage & Associates Complex for Business Learning and Engagement opened in 2009 and our Stranahan Hall was completely renovated in 2011. Our students learn in some of the newest and most innovative spaces on campus.
- Our sales program is ranked top in the country - Bottom line: if you want to get into sales, the UT College of Business and Innovation is where you should go to get your degree.
- We offer many major-minor combinations - We offer bachelor's degrees in 13 different areas of business, with a major and minor in each for students to mix and match.
Today's global business systems are growing rapidly, creating a need for graduates with knowledge and skills about international business in import/export firms, government and industry agencies involved in international trade and economic development, financial institutions, manufacturing firms, and multinational corporations in the United States and abroad.
International Business Bachelor's Degree Curriculum
International Business Bachelor's Degree4-year program
Program Quick LinksView Admission Requirements
Department of Marketing and International Business
College of Business and Innovation