As a commuter, you'll love our busing system to get from class to class once you park
your car. UT Transit Services provides transportation between Main Campus, Health
Science Campus, Scott Park Campus and the Center for the Visual Arts. In addition,
they stop at some area apartment complexes along the routes.
The Gold and Blue loops run through Main Campus every 15-20 minutes, and you can see satellite tracking of the busses on your phone, so you know when a bus is nearby.
UT allows all levels of students (from freshmen to graduate students) to park directly
on campus. To learn more about the cost of a parking pass and where you can park with
the various kinds of passes, visit utoledo.edu/parkingservices.
The University of Toledo takes your safety on campus very seriously. We want to highlight
a few of our initiatives to help our students and promote a safe atmosphere at UT.
Even though you won’t be here on campus 24/7, it’s still going to be important that you:
- Get involved — Join a student, professional or Greek organization. You’ll meet new people and have some great experiences. Learn more at utoledo.edu/studentaffairs
- Use academic assistance — Tutoring, study groups and writing help are all available on campus and electronically.
- Go to campus events — You have free admission for all home athletic games, and UT offers all sorts of other social and cultural events during the day, after hours and on the weekends.
- Consider a meal plan or Rocket Card Dollars — We have affordable meal plans for students who only eat a few meals a week on campus, or you can load money onto your Rocket ID card for use at on-campus and nearby dining venues. To learn more, visit utoledo.edu/mealplans
- Use other resources — We have on-campus childcare, a student medical center, a pharmacy, a counseling center and more services to help while you’re at UT.
- Visit the Office of Commuter Student and Off-Campus Services — They can help troubleshoot any commuting challenges. Visit utoledo.edu/studentaffairs/osi/commuter
What to do between classes?
Whether you want to visit with friends or study in between classes, the Student Union has plenty of spaces. Grab a coffee at Starbucks, review your notes in the south lounge or find an empty chair to catch some zzz’s after your 8 a.m. course. Learn more
It has six floors of computers, journals, books, AV materials and more for your use. The Information Commons on the first floor has 150 computers and is open 24 hours a day, Sunday through Friday night. The library also has plenty of quiet cubicles, study rooms and laptop checkouts. Learn more
Student Recreation Center
Why not fit in a quick work out? Our Rec Center has basketball/volleyball courts, an rock climbing wall, exercise classes, weightlifting and cardiovascular machines, and an indoor track. Need a relaxing dip in the pool? The Rec has an Olympic-sized lap pool, a diving pool, hot tub and whirlpool areas, a sauna and a water slide. Learn more