Transfer Out-of-State Award
This award provides for a renewable scholarship up to the cost of UT's out-of-state surcharge (approx. $9,338) for students outside of Ohio and Monroe County, Michigan, who are admissible to UT.
This renewable award assists with UToledo's out-of-state surcharge ($9,338) for transfer students residing outside of Ohio and Monroe County, Mich., who are admissible to the University, meet the minimum academic requirements of at least a 2.75 cumulative transfer GPA, and transfer 12 or more credits from a regionally accredited institution. Students eligible to receive less than the full award also may qualify for a need-based award for up to the remaining $4,338 of the out-of-state surcharge. Submission of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required for this additional consideration.
- UT Achievement Award $4,000 for recipients = Transfer Out-of-State Award for $9,338
- UT Achievement Award $3,000 for recipients = Transfer Out-of-State Award for $7,470
- UT Achievement Award $1,500 for recipients = Transfer Out-of-State Award for $5,600
- UT Achievement Award $1,000 recipients = Transfer Out-of-State Award for $5,000
In addition to the surcharge, eligible students can receive the scholarships listed on the UT Achievement grid based on cumulative transfer GPA and credit hours.
- Minimum Requirements: 2.75 cumulative transfer GPA
- Other Required Documentation: FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
Note: This award is not stackable with the Prestige Transfer Scholarship.
Semesters of Eligibility for Undergraduate Transfer Admissions Scholarships and Awards
The maximum length of UT's admission scholarship is based on your cumulative transfer GPA credit hours and cannot exceed the completion of an undergraduate degree.
|Number of Transfer Credits||Length of scholarship at UT|
Renewal criteria includes maintaining a 2.75 cumulative GPA and earning 27 UT credit hours within two semesters of the academic year. For students who do not meet these requirements, UT maintains an appeal process which is detailed in the full terms and conditions.
General Scholarship/Award Policies
- All admission scholarships are based on your cumulative transfer GPA and credit hours which are figured from all regionally accredited institutions that you have previously attended.
- To be eligible for admission scholarships, transfer students who have previously attended UT must have a minimum 2.0 UT GPA.
- Undergraduates with baccalaureate degrees are not eligible to receive admission scholarships.