- COBI Home
- Dean's Message
- Centers & Institutes
- Global Target Program
- Honors Program
- Our College
- Programs of Study
- REAL Connection
- Savage & Associates Complex
- Student Organizations
- Student Managed Portfolio
- Study Abroad
Academic Support Services
Dean's Message - Dr. Gary S. Insch
Welcome to the COBI Family!
On behalf of our faculty, staff and students, welcome to The University of Toledo’s
College of Business and Innovation (COBI)!
Established in 1930, COBI is currently the largest professional college on the campus of The University of Toledo, with approximately 3,000 students across all degree levels. Our highly qualified faculty and staff strive to provide the best well-rounded college experience for all our students, both in and out of the classroom. You will find that our faculty bring relevance to the classroom while they continuously advance the latest knowledge about various topics/issues by translating their cutting-edge research contributions into classroom applications.
We are proud of the fact that the College is nationally and internationally ranked and recognized:
- COBI is one of only five percent of business colleges around the world to receive accreditation from The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- It is included in Businessweek's Top Undergraduate Business Schools for 2013 and is ranked #50 for return on tuition investment.
- Eduniversal, an international higher education ranking agency, rates COBI Excellent and includes it as the only Northwest Ohio business school in its list of 145 schools in North America. Eduniversal also ranks COBI’s Human Resources Management program #40 in North America and one of the top 200 HR masters programs worldwide.
- The Princeton Review has recognized COBI’s graduate programs as among the best since 2008.
The Savage & Associates Complex for Business Learning and Engagement is a 54,000 square-foot,
state-of-the-art facility which houses classrooms, action learning labs and serves
as a hub for our outreach and engagement activities. One of the action learning labs
is the John B. and Lillian E. Neff Trading Room which offers students access to financial
data from around the globe in a real-world environment and also facilitates COBI's
$1 million student managed investment fund, a truly remarkable learning opportunity
providing hands-on financial experience. All classrooms are multi-mediated and equipped
with the latest wireless technology. The College also houses four 24-hour computer
labs, including a virtual lab where students can work with laptops outside the confines
of a laboratory.
The College's Business Career Programs Office assists in placing students in both internships and permanent career positions. You can learn about some of the many success stories we have helped produce by reading the testimonials on our website by students and graduates about their internships and jobs. We take great pride in the fact that we have an 80+ percent placement rate upon graduation of those students seeking employment.
The College is proud of the long and outstanding relationship we have had with the regional business community. It is our philosophy to continuously strive for excellence in our programs and services and we are excited about what the future holds for the College. We are honored that you have chosen to study here at this significant time in your life, and I want to personally assure you that we are committed to your success - as a student, as an individual and in your professional career.
Gary S. Insch, Ph.D.
Dean, College of Business and Innovation