University of Toledo Student Veterans of America
The University of Toledo Chapter of the Student Veterans of America was formed in 2008 from the Campus Military Veterans student group and continues to grow in membership each semester. For more information, contact The University of Toledo Student Veterans organization.
Military Service Center
- College of Adult and Lifelong Learning Home
- GI Bill Processing
- Ohio National Guard Scholarship
- Request Information
- Contact Information
- Apply to UT
- The University of Toledo Veteran's Plaza
- The University of Toledo Student Veterans of America
- Army ROTC
- Air Force ROTC
- Current Student Veterans Request Form
- Called to Active Duty Guidelines
- Military Recognition Cord
- Online Learning
- Military Payment Plan
- Military Parking Permit FAQs
“Yesterday's Warriors. Today's Scholars. Tomorrow's Leaders.”
Today’s veterans face tremendous obstacles in their path of attaining a college degree. These challenges range from a missing sense of camaraderie to a lack of understanding by university faculty and peers. When coupled with the visible and invisible wounds of war, a college degree seems to be an elusive goal for men and women returning from military service. Student Veterans of America (SVA) makes that goal a reality.
SVA ensures that veterans are successful in their transition from combat to the classroom by:
- Developing student veteran groups on campuses across the nation to create a network of resources, ideas, and support.
- Developing programs and policies that help veterans transition to the classroom.
- Centralizing the critical resources that student veterans need to graduate.
- Advocating on behalf of student veterans at the state and national level.
Founded in 2008, Student Veterans of America is a coalition of student veterans groups on college campuses across the United States. SVA has two major components: the executive staff and student veteran groups. SVA member chapters are student groups that have formed on college and university campuses to provide peer-to-peer networks for veterans who are attending those schools. These groups coordinate campus activities, provide pre-professional networking, and generally provide a touchstone for student veterans in higher education. Each local group plays a critical role in ensuring that every veteran is successful after their service.
The University of Toledo Chapter of the Student Veterans of America was formed in 2008 from the Campus Military Veterans student group and continues to grow in membership each semester. For more information on The University of Toledo Student Veterans please contact Chapter President Robert Roether at email@example.com.
Keep up to date on what's going on with The University of Toledo's SVA by joining the Facebook Group. Request to join here.