2015-2016 Season Announced
The UT Department of Theatre and Film presented 4 plays and introduced a new film series this 2015-2016 school year-
- Henry V (Oct. 16-18, 23-25)
- The Laramie Project (Nov. 20-22 and Dec. 4-6)
- No Exit (Feb. 19-21, 26-28)
Check out the Poster
- Click here to watch a clip and interview on UT10 NEWS
- Click here to read an article in the UTNEWS
- Click here to read an article written by the Independent Collegian.
- Click to access the Facebook event page
- Click here and here to view rehearsal photos
- Click here and here to see photos of the wonderful set
- Click here to listen to an interview with Irene Alby and actor Olivia Pierce
- Little Shop of Horrors (Apr. 8-10, 15-17, and 22-24)
First Friday Film Series
Preview of Next Year's Season drawn on a white board by Film student Evan Sennett
Updates and News
Two of our students are featured as representatives of the Theatre and Film departments in the University of Toledo's new "Opportunity to a Greater Degree" promotional debut! Check out their stories here and here.
The YouTube Phenomenon: Cinema in Cyberspace
This fun and interesting new course being offered in our Film Department will be taught by Tammy Kinsey over the Summer! Find out more about this course on our department's Facebook page.
Professor Emeritus, Bernie Coyne Exits the Stage
The Department of Theatre and Film has lost a dear friend. Bernard Coyne joined The University of Toledo in 1964 and was instrumental in establishing our Department of Theatre, serving as the department’s first chair until 1974, laying the foundations for its development over the next twenty years. He was also chiefly responsible for the formation of the Center for Performing Arts, completed in 1976.
You can access an article on Bernie here.
We Welcome To Our Theatre Family, Nathaniel White!
Nate is our newest faculty member, joining us Spring 2016 as Technical Director. Before Toledo, Nate was the Technical Director at East Tennessee State University. He received his MFA in Technical Production from the University of Alabama and his BA in Design and Technical Theater from the University of Nebraska at Kearney.
Thank you for joining us Nate!
A few of the careers available to Theatre and Film graduates (and enjoyed by our alumni):
- Art Directors
- Film/Video Editors and Camera Operators
- Multimedia Artists and Animators
- Public Relations Specialists
- Writers and Authors