2015-2016 Season Announced
The UT Department of Theatre and Film will present 4 plays and introduce a new film series - the First Friday Film Series - that will feature a film on the first Friday of every month during Fall and Spring semesters.
- Henry V (Oct. 16-18, 23-25)
- The Laramie Project (Nov. 20-22 and Dec. 4-6)
- No Exit (Feb. 19-21, 26-28)
Check out the Poster
- Little Shop of Horrors (Apr. 8-10, 15-17, and 22-24)
- Click here to listen to the famous movie soundtrack
First Friday Film Series
- Student Filmmakers Showcase (Sat, March 19)
- Click here to view examples of previous years works
- Stagecoach (Fri, April 1)
- Click here to watch a trailer to this classic film
Updates and News
"Stephen Sakowski, UT assistant professor in the Department of Theatre and Film, will
help spotlight the action on the court during the NBA All-Star Game, including the
halftime performance by Sting, on Sunday, Feb. 14." Click here to access the full article.
Upcoming Film Auditions!
Theatre students will be put on tape and may be directed by fellow students while at the audition. Irene Alby is preparing the audition material (sides), and will be posting a sign up sheet on the callboard by the design lab in the Center for Performing Arts. The audition will be run by theatre students in the Professional Aspects class. Our plan is to make this a yearly event, similarly to the theatre auditions, and also create an archive film students can use when looking for actors!
- Auditions will be Tuesday, February 23, 6-9pm in the Lab Theatre (CPA 1039)
- Bring a headshot and resume
- Contact Irene Alby for a slot and information about the sides
The YouTube Phenomenon: Cinema in Cyberspace
This fun and interesting new course being offered in our Film Department will be taught by Tammy Kinsey over the Summer! Find out more about this course on our department's Facebook page.
Professor Emeritus, Bernie Coyne Exits the Stage
The Department of Theatre and Film has lost a dear friend. Bernard Coyne joined The University of Toledo in 1964 and was instrumental in establishing our Department of Theatre, serving as the department’s first chair until 1974, laying the foundations for its development over the next twenty years. He was also chiefly responsible for the formation of the Center for Performing Arts, completed in 1976.
You can access an article on Bernie here.
We Welcome To Our Theatre Family, Nathaniel White!
Nate is our newest faculty member, joining us Spring 2016 as Technical Director. Before Toledo, Nate was the Technical Director at East Tennessee State University. He received his MFA in Technical Production from the University of Alabama and his BA in Design and Technical Theater from the University of Nebraska at Kearney.
Thank you for joining us Nate!
A few of the careers available to Theatre and Film graduates (and enjoyed by our alumni):
- Art Directors
- Film/Video Editors and Camera Operators
- Multimedia Artists and Animators
- Public Relations Specialists
- Writers and Authors