THEATRE & FILM DEGREES
TICKETS & SEASON INFO
Theatre & Film EventsSee Complete Visual & Performing Arts Calendar
Auditions are held in the Department of Theatre & Film in order to determine a cast for a particular show. An audition is NOT required to be accepted into a Theatre or Film degree program at the University of Toledo. Auditions to our plays are open to everyone! We follow a casting policy that is color-blind and gender-neutral.
Auditions for the SPRING 2014 production of Cabaret
SEPTEMBER 23 & 24 (Call Backs September 25)
Sign up sheets are available outside the Center for Performing Arts Main Office (PA1030). Please sign up so we can get a count of how many to expect. All those auditioning are expected to stay for the entire audition period (6-10 p.m.)
Cabaret (1998 version)
Book by Joe Masteroff, Music by John Kander, Lyrics by Fred Ebb. Directed by Irene Alby
UT Performance Dates: April 4-6, 11-13, 18-19, 2014
Cabaret Audition Preparation:
- An individual 1-2 minute monologue and 16 bars of a song to be presented between
(bring sheet music if possible as we will have an accompanist)
- Dance/Movement call from 9-10pm
- Be prepared to STAY FOR THE ENTIRE AUDITION! (6-10 p.m.)
Call the Department of Theatre & Film Office for script information or if you have other questions 419-530-2202.
THEATRE PLAY Audition Preparation
- You should have a brief monologue prepared.
- You should be familiar with, and prepared to read from the scripts for the shows. Contact the Theatre & Film Department office for script information. Scripts should be available in most public libraries as well as the UT library.
- Expect to be asked to do movement exercises, and to respond to coaching on your monologue and/or reading.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
Students must maintain a 2.0 GPA or above to be cast in a department production.
Students cast in Cabaret are encouraged to take THR 3800:001 or 002 for 3 credits in Spring 2014.