Health and Human Service Bldg.
2801 W. Bancroft Street
Mail Stop 119
Toledo OH 43606-3390
Welcome to the Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program at the University of Toledo. We are proud to introduce you to our long-standing tradition of excellence in Physical Therapy Education.
- The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at the University of Toledo is accredited by
the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North
Fairfax Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org;
- The 9 semester, 94 credit hour DPT Program is located on the Main Campus of the University
of Toledo. The program utilizes comprehensive facilities located on the Main and the
Health Science campuses that are located in close proximity to each other.
- The UT Health Science Campus provides students with the benefit of the sophisticated
physical and intellectual resources of an academic health science center, such as
an acute care hospital, a CARF accredited in-patient rehabilitation center, a comprehensive
out-patient rehabilitation center, advanced simulation technologies, and clinicians
and scientists who are engaged in health-related research and advanced patient care.
- The University of Toledo’s Interprofessional Immersive Simulation Center and Clinical
Skills Center provide students the opportunity to develop their clinical, communication,
and interprofessional skills in a realistic environment prior to engaging in clinical
education. They participate in learning experiences with students of other health
care disciplines, including occupational therapy, speech language pathology, athletic
training, nursing, physician assistant, medicine, and pharmacy. Thus, students learn
the skills of physical therapy practice, as well as the culture and professionalism
of health care.
- While earning their DPT degree, students may also pursue additional educational opportunities:
- The DPT program, in collaboration with the UT Department of Kinesiology, offers a DPT/PhD track that enables students to pursue clinical (DPT) and academic (PhD) doctoral degrees in which DPT academic credit can contribute, in part, to the fulfillment of the PhD degree. The PhD degree is in Exercise Science and has an emphasis on research.
- Students can also choose to pursue a graduate certificate while earning their DPT degree. Graduate certificate course work is completed through an online delivery system. These certificates allow students to pursue specialized knowledge in a specific area of interest, while completing their DPT degree:
- Click here for graduation, employment, and licensure exam pass rates.