Youth Nations 2017
Global Leadership Experience!
The University of Toledo is excited to host the 4th Annual Youth Nations Global Leadership Experience!
Join hundreds of students in learning how to be global leaders!
|Student Experience Corner|
Youth Nations Tuition:
This is the total cost for the program.
There are no additional fees after you have paid at registration
Early Bird (register before May 1, 2017): $199
Standard Tuition Starting May 1, 2017: $275
Registration will be posted here upon opening this winter!
What is Youth Nations?
Youth Nations is a week-long interactive global leadership experience where high school students experience college life while participating in a persuasive presentation competition for University of Toledo scholarships.
The week focuses on creating opportunities for students to learn from our skilled faculty about issues that face our world. Participants will then have the opportunity to work in a team of several students to present a plan to change the world. Each team will compete for the chance to win a UT scholarship.
Students will have a real college experience, including staying on campus in our residence halls, spending time with expert faculty, and using our Student Recreation Center. Students can share a room with a friend or meet someone new.
The event fee includes housing, meals and program activities for one person.
Who should attend?
This leadership experience is geared toward highly motivated high school students
who are between their junior and senior year who have an interest to take their passion
for learning and making a difference in global issues to the next step. Students should
minimum 3.5 GPA.
Participants will hear from global leaders and United Nations representatives about their experiences in leading global change. These representatives will speak about the following issues:
- Power and Fuel Sustainability
- Human Trafficking
- Cyber Security
- Public Health
Experiential Learning Opportunities
Students will also participate in one of 5 experiential learning opportunities. Students can choose a field location based on their personal interests or their future academic endeavors. This year’s field locations include:
- The Lake Erie Center
- Interprofessional Immersion Simulation Center (IISC)
- R2 Gaming Technology/ Center for Technological Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- John B. and Lillian Neff Trading Floor
- The Toledo Museum of Art/ Center for Visual Arts
2017 Youth Nation Speakers:
- Dr. Clinton O. Longenecker, award-winning educator, and UT's Stranahan Professor of Leadership and Organizational Excellence
- Zach Ingrasci and Chris Temple, makers of the award-winning documentary Living on One
Students will also get to participate in extracurricular activities based on the clubs and sports we have to offer. Some of the student’s choices will be as follows:
- Group fitness classes
- Rock Climbing
What will participants gain from this Youth Nations experience?
- confidence in persuasive presentation and leadership
- meet new people that share similar concerns and interest for global issues
- first-hand experience on what life would be like on a college campus; familiarization of The University of Toledo campus
Questions? Email: Paulette.Bongratz@utoledo.edu