Ward M. Canaday Center for Special Collections
- Canaday Center Home Page
- About Ward M. Canaday
- Contact the Canaday Center
- Announcements and News
- Exhibits and Events
- Giving to the Canaday Center
- Manuscript Collection
- University Archives & Records Management
- University Manuscripts
- Rare Book Collection
- Modernist Literature Collection
- Veterans History Project
- Use and Reproduction of Canaday Center Materials
- Citing Canaday Center Sources
- Photo-reproduction Policies
Canaday Center Manuscript Collection
- Business and Commerce
- Sripati Chandrasekhar
- Civic Interests
- Collectors and Collecting
- Crime and Criminals
- Disability History
- Education and Schools
- Ethnic Culture
- Gender and Sexuality
- Glass Industry
- Medicine and Health
- Municipal Government
- Music, Art, Drama, and Theatre
- Philosophy and Religion
- Politics and Government
- Small Manuscripts Collection
- Social Life and Customs
- Social Welfare
- War, Soldiers, and Veterans
Digital Exhibits from the Canaday Center
- Letters of Luminaries, October 21, 2013 to July 31, 2014.
- Medicine on the Maumee: A History of Health Care in Northwest Ohio, March 1 - December 28, 2012.
- Wholly Toledo: The Business and Industry that Shaped the City, November 2010 - November 2011
- Margaret Papp Perry Memorial Hungarian Book Collection; May 2011
- University of Toledo 2010 Author and Artists Exhibit, March 29 - April 30 2010
- Black History Month : Images from the Rare Books Collections, February, 2010
- From Institutions to Independence: A History of People with Disabilities in Northwest Ohio, April, 2009
- Time in a Bottle: A History of Owens-Illinois, Inc., December 2007.
- Faces of Steel: The People and History of the Acklin Stamping Company, April 2000.
- A Hundred Years of Womanhood -- Celebrating Women's History Month, March 2000.
- The Noble Craftsmen We Promote: The Arts and Crafts Movement in the American Midwest, March 1999.
- The Books of Wall Street: Selections From the Hess Collection, February 1999.
- The Tower's Lengthening Shadow: 125 Years of The University of Toledo, an exhibit tracing UT's history, 1997.
- A Walking Tour Guide to The University of Toledo Architecture, 1997.
- From Quackery to Bacteriology: The Emergence of Modern Medicine in 19th Century America, 1994.
Exhibits at the Canaday Center
- "Best of the Canaday Center, 2007," September 12 - December 31, 2007.
- "Ideals, Courage, and Hope: The Experience of Soldiers in America's Wars," April 13 - August 31, 2005.
- "Renewed Hope: Paintings by Adam Grant," April - August, 2005.
- "2004 University Authors and Artists Exhibit", November 18 - December 30, 2004.
- "Book Signing & Talk Herbert Woodward Martin and the African American Experience," April 21, 2004.
- "Till Death Us Do Part: Courtship, Marriage & Family in 19th Century America," March 29 - August 27, 2004.