- Academic Support
- Career Resources
- Student Media
- Student Organizations
- Student Achievements
University HallRoom: 4600
For current internship/employment information and to connect with our department on
social media, please visit us on our Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest pages . You may also call the department of communication office at 419.530.2005,
or contact the internship program director, Don Reiber at 419.530.1325 or contact
Sumitra Srinivasan at 419.530.4671, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Internship Eligibility and Additional Information
- Complete 62 semester hours of college-level courses with an overall GPA of at least 2.75 and 3.00 in Communication courses. In rare circumstances this GPA requirement may be waived at the sole discretion of the director.
- Complete basic courses that the director judges appropriate to the internship.
- Meet with the director. Describe your proposed internship. The director will certify that you have met the basic requirements.
- You may enroll for no more than 3 hours of COMM 4940.
The director will give you a check sheet of deadlines which will include the following assertions:
- Ihave met with the internship director within the first two weeks of the term and he/she has certified that I qualify for an internship and approved the internship.
- Ihave met with the internship director before the end of the seventh week of the term and he/she approves the first draft of my field notes.
- Ihave submitted the final version of my field notes, and a copy to the director before the last day of the last week of classes of the internship semester. He/she approves the final version.
- Have the meetings described above. Consult with the director on the content and layout design of your field notes. Samples are available.
- Submit the signed check sheet to the director on or before the last day of the last
week of classes of your intern semester.
***A student can receive a grade of PS or NC for his/her internship. The grade is based on reports the student is required to make regarding their learning and work experience, and on a report or letter from the intern's employer evaluating the intern's performance.
Internship opportunities are posted and updated periodically at the department's Facebook and Twitter feeds. Please subscribe to those newsfeeds for internship information. We also have a presence on Pinterest.
General Links to Internship Information
|Internships for America||www.internship4america.com|
|Internships Abound At Internweb||www.internweb.com|
|Entertainment Jobs & Internships||www.entertainmentjobs.com|
|EmploymentSpot.com - Internships & More||www.employmentspot.com|
|Rising Star Internships||www.rsinternships.com|
|National Internships Online||www.internships.com|
|Inland Press Assoc. Newspaper Internship Directory||http://www.inlandpress.org/intern/internshp.htm|