Welcome to the Department of Pediatrics
- Educational Conferences
- Pediatric Residency Program
- Pediatric Clerkship for Medical Students
- 2010 Pediatrics for the Practicing Physician Conference
- Adolescent Health Day
- Faculty Development Tools
- Faculty and Department Highlights
- Job/Faculty Positions Available
- Department Contact Information
- Resident Logging Superpage
Contact Us2222 Cherry Street, Suite 1100
Phone: 419.251.8050 email@example.com
Hello! Thanks for visiting the University of Toledo Pediatric Residency Program’s website. Please take some time to become familiar with all our program has to offer.
We are not the biggest or most well-known program in the area, but we are dedicated to our mission…
- Our Patients: We strive to treat each patient like they were our own family member. With a program rooted in a strong continuity office, we see some of our patients more frequently than others see their family!
- Our Program: We are constantly working on ways to make the program better. ‘Resident-focused’ means what doesn’t work for resident education is refined or scrapped altogether in rapid sequence. No program makes resident satisfaction a higher priority than ours.
- Our Students: To teach means to know. Our residents are actively involved in the teaching of not only medical students, but also numerous other members of the health science field.
- Our Selves and Our Peers: Small class size means that everybody in the program knows and works with each other closely. Our residents develop life-long friendships, as well as provide valuable support and resources to each other.
- Our Community: We are actively involved in community-based programs and improving the lives of local children. We have acquired CATCH grants to develop programs for local children. We also have an entire month during the 3rd year devoted to advocacy. Here you can immerse yourself in advocating for the children through legal aid, battered women/children shelters, and children with complex medical needs.
Speaking of community, Toledo has a strong reputation as being an excellent place to learn, grow and prosper. Mid-west values and progressive thinking make Northwest Ohio a destination for people of any background…truly a place for everyone. The world-renowned Toledo Museum of Art, as well as the Toledo Repertoire Theatre and Toledo Opera may provide the class you desire in your life. Sports spectators unanimously enjoy the famed Toledo Mudhens, especially in their new downtown venue, which has sparked an impressive downtown revitalization including numerous shops and restaurants. Pollstar ranked the new HuntingtonCenter 99th for Worldwide Arena Venues for 2010. Food is another of the area’s strengths – you may hear that Toledo has the most restaurants per capita of any place in the country or even world! I don’t know if that’s true, but I know there are eateries to satisfy anyone’s tastes. Toledo’s Tony Packo’s is notably famous. Finally, Toledo has prided itself on being a great place to raise a family. With several highly-touted school districts and a family-friendly atmosphere including the nationally-known Toledo Zoo, many choose this area to settle down. This is made even more appealing with the modest cost-of-living.
We truly appreciate your interest in our program. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or would like a closer look at what we have to offer.
Joyce Bevington, MD, PhD
Pediatric Chief Resident 2012-2013