- Carter Hall East and West are traditional corridor living facilities.
- Carter Hall houses the First Year Experience community and is a first-year only residence hall.
- Carter Hall offers room-controlled air conditioning. Bedrooms are two-person rooms and residents share a community bathroom.
- *Students in Carter Hall are provided the standard cable package available to all on campus residents but do not have the ability to voluntarily upgrade their cable.
- Carter West was built in 1964. Carter East was built in 1965.
Carter Hall is conveniently located close to the engineering complex and the Glass Bowl.