Digital Marketing Bachelor's Degree Overview
Digital marketing — using digital media to reach consumers — is constantly evolving. New technologies change the way companies interact with customers.
Employers in this quickly growing field want marketing pros who can stay abreast of the latest trends.
The accredited University of Toledo’s College of Business and Innovation is one of the best in the U.S. Our expert faculty in the digital marketing program stays on top of current developments and continually updates curriculum.
Digital marketing undergraduates learn “soft” skills like communication, leadership and critical thinking as well as the basics of:
- Digital and conventional media (including social and mobile media)
- Marketing strategies and analytics
- Website design and management
- Information technology
- Digital technology
- Digital marketing applications
Digital Marketing Bachelor's Degree Highlights
- One of the country’s best business schools. UToledo’s College of Business and Innovation is nationally ranked. It offers 13 bachelor of business administration majors. Any of them can be added as a minor to your digital marketing degree.
- Learn by doing. Our digital marketing curriculum focuses on skill-building and projects with real business and nonprofit clients.
- A constantly updated curriculum. UToledo is proud of our program’s flexibility. Students learn the skills and knowledge they need in both marketing and information technology. We emphasize breakthrough innovations in the field.
- High-tech labs. You’ll find all the tools you need to master digital media and marketing — software, technology and more.
- Expert faculty. Those who teach in the digital marketing program publish in the Harvard Business Review, Journal of Marketing and other leading journals. Associate professor Iryna Pentina has authored more than 80 scientific publications in the areas of internet marketing and retailing, social media marketing and online consumer behavior.
- Outstanding advisers and mentors. Each UT student gets personalized attention from dedicated career counselors. They help students find valuable digital marketing internships and choose relevant classes.
UToledo business staff and faculty work hard to help students find rewarding careers. We have an 85% job placement rate for our graduates, who find work as:
|Online marketing manager||Email marketing manager|
|Social media specialist||E-commerce web strategist|
|Search engine optimization specialist||Graphic designer|
|Mobile marketer||Digital strategy development and execution professional|
|Content marketing manager|
Digital Marketing Bachelor's Degree Plan of Study
UToledo’s digital marketing curriculum is project- and skills-based. Our students work with real clients. We update our curriculum continually and stay abreast of new breakthroughs in the field.
Digital Marketing Bachelor’s Degree Sample Courses
- E-Commerce and Network Technology
- Web Design and Data Analytics
- Internet Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
View Plan of Study
Internship Opportunities for Digital Marketing Bachelor's Degree
More than 85% of UT business students complete an internship. Many start as early as their second years, and many finish more than one. Our Business Career Programs office supports students as they look for opportunities and has connections across the country.
Digital Marketing Bachelor's Degree4-year program
Program Quick LinksView Admission Requirements
Department of Marketing and International Business
College of Business and Innovation