Thank you for applying to The University of Toledo! Once you are admitted, there are some important next steps that you will want to complete as you prepare for the upcoming semester. If you have questions on any of your next steps, contact the admission office at 419.530.UTUT or visit us in Rocket Hall, Suite 1300.
Once you have applied- be sure that you have sent official transcripts from all previous institutions that you have attended. We will proceed with processing your application and send you your admission packet in the mail.
Here is a checklist for your next steps once you are admitted:
- Activate your UTAD account and set up MyUT account using your Rocket ID number found in your admission letter. Visit http://www.utoledo.edu/orientation/new/UTAD_account.html to set up your account.
- Orientation and advising- as a transfer student, you have the option of a face-to-face orientation or an online version. Please follow these steps depending on which you choose.
Orientation online option-
a. Complete orientation module on the “new student” tab of your MyUT portal
b. Check on any needed placement tests with your admitted college
c. Schedule advising appointment with your admitted college
College of Arts and Letters 419.530.2671
College of Business and Innovation 419.530.2087
College of Engineering 419.530.8000
College of Health Science and Human Services 419.530.2495
Judith Herb College of Education 419.530.2495
College of Natural Science and Mathematics 419.530.2671
College of Nursing 419.530.2673
College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 419.530.2010
University College 419.530.3142
d. Schedule classes through your MyUT portal
Orientation face-to-face option-
a. Register for an orientation date on the “new student” tab of your MyUT portal
b. Take any needed placement tests
c. Attend orientation, meet with advisor, and schedule classes
3. File or transfer your FAFSA information to UT at www.fafsa.gov. If you already have a FAFSA on file for the academic year, just log back in and add UT’s code of 003131. If you are filing for the new academic year, just include UT’s code.
4. Send final transcripts- if you are currently finishing a term at another university, be sure to send final official transcripts to UT so that we can post this credit to your student account
Optional Next Steps:
1. Visit Campus- if you would like to visit campus before starting with us, please visit call our office at 419.530.8888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, you can always see what campus is like through our Virtual Tour.
2. Residence Life- if you are interested in living on campus, please visit residencelife.utoledo.edu or call 419.530.2941 for more information.