2 + 2 Program Connects India with The University of Toledo
In August 2012, UT COBI and Vidyalankar Dnyanapeeth Trust's Vidyalankar School of Information and Technology signed an MOU agreeing to collaborate on academic partnerships including program offerings, faculty development, management development initiatives, collaborative practitioner projects, and collaborative research and expansion of academic offerings. As a first step, UT COBI will accept suitably prepared Vidyalankar School of Information and Technology based students that complete the first two years of the UT COBI BBA program at Vidyalankar School of Information and Technology. These students, satisfying UT and COBI academic requirements for entry into the junior year, will be able to attend UT COBI to complete the upper division courses in the BBA program.
The Vidyalankar School of Information and Technology is affiliated with The University of Mumbai in India. Students will enroll at Vidyalankar in a pre-approved series of courses which parallel UT COBI's lower division (first two years) BBA curriculum. Satisfactory completion of this specific program will enable students to apply, transfer to, and enroll at the University of Toledo for the completion of their BBA degree with specializations in information technology and other areas.
Program Timeline and Highlighted Benefits
- Vidyalankar will start recruiting the first batch of students from the academic year 2013-14
- The program offers the benefits like exposure to Indian as well as American Education system, Global perspective to management studies
- American degree at an affordable cost
- The uniqueness of the program is along with regular specialization like finance, HR ... students can take IT specialization
- After successful completion of the BBA students can even continue with their masters studies in the UT and can complete their masters in 1 year instead of 2