UT@TPS was established in 2010 to support parents and community members to continue their education and thus leading the way for Toledo's children and youth in school retention.
CALL is partnering with Toledo Public Schools (TPS) and Penta Career Center to support parents an community members to set an example for their children to excel in school. The program is based on the belief that parents, grandparents, siblings, aunts and uncles, neighbors, and older friends have the greatest influence on children. If these important adults are engaged in furthering their education, the children will be engaged in school as well and will be likely to succeed not only in K-12 but into college.
Any adult is welcome to attend UT@TPS and it is not required to live in any particular neighborhood or to have a child(ren) enrolled in a TPS school.
Classes are held in Toledo Public School buildings and follow the TPS daily schedule and calendar. Parents can take their children to school, attend their own classes, and be ready to pick up their children in the afternoon.
- provides a supportive environment for parents and community members interested in the success of our urban public schools while pursuing their own education while being role models for youth
- provides affordable classes toward GED completion and a successful, user friendly experience for beginning college (average Pell Grant will cover costs without student loans)
- supports adult learners who have family responsibilities; making their own schedules match those of their children
- Taught by UT professors at the Jones Leadership Academy.
- All classes held during school day, following TPS calendar
- Scholarships available for individuals eligible for Federal (Pell) grants
- Now is the time to register for the next semester!
- Call 419.238.8288for information or to start the admissions process.
Pre-College (GED) and Bridge Programs are also offered. Click HERE for more information.
Questions? Please call us for more information.
Dr. Lynne Hamer, Program Director, 419.530.7749 or 419.283.8288
Mark Ray, Off-Campus and Extended Programs, 419.530.6283
Jan Hood, Off-Campus and Extended Programs, 419.530.6285