Eberly Center Resources
- ECW Home
- Mission Statement
- What We Do
- Support the ECW
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Staff Listing
- Advisory Board
- Contact Info
- Educational Resources
- Employment Resources
- Community Domestic Violence Resources
- Regional Women's Centers
- UT Campus Resources
Tucker Hall 0168 - Mail Stop 502 Toledo, OH 43606-3390
Programs & Activities
Position Title: Board Member, Catharine S. Eberly Center for Women (ECW)
Summary: An ECW Board Member actively participates in fundraising to allow for implementation of the ECW Mission, Values and Beliefs. That is, the Center for Women embraces the mission of the University of Toledo by supporting learning, discovery and engagement, and by enabling women to achieve their highest potential in an environment of diversity, respect and freedom of expression.
The ECW Values and Beliefs:
- We believe in the empowerment of women.
- We believe ECW impacts the university at all levels.
- We believe in women’s acquisition of 21st century knowledge, skills and technology.
- We believe in women’s ability to be global citizens.
- We believe in the value of women’s leadership.
- We believe in diversity, civility and collaboration.
- We believe in a woman’s right to dignity and safety in education, work, community and homes.
- We believe that women’s physical and mental health and well-being are fundamental to women’s success.
Selection Process: Recommended by the Nominating Committee; elected by the Advisory Board, Appointed by the University of Toledo Recommended by the Nominating Committee; elected by the Advisory Board, appointed by the University of Toledo Vice President for External Affairs.
- Three-year terms as per Advisory Board By-Laws.
- One-year term, renewable for students.
- Regular attendance at full Board meetings (held quarterly).
- Participation in Committees as scheduled.
- Ensures that By-Laws are followed with approval of the University of Toledo Vice President for External Affairs and Associate Vice President for Equity, Diversity and Community Engagement.
- Actively participates in the development and implementation of fundraising for the ECW.
- Advises the ECW leaders in strategic planning within the University of Toledo and the greater Toledo Community.
- Networks for the ECW in the community and continually seeks new resources for the ECW.
- Assists in identifying new volunteer leadership for the ECW by suggesting candidates for the Board and Committees.