New to UT Online
- Programs of Study
- Is Online Learning Right for You?
- Tips for Successful Online Learners
- Online Support Staff
- Tuition & Scholarships
- Transfer Students
- Military Personnel
- Apply Today
- Request Information
Current Online Students
- Get Started
- Course Schedules
- Blackboard Toolkit
- Student Services
- Test Proctoring
- UT Online Home
Memorial Field House
Mail Stop 129
- Certificate Programs
- Education Graduate Studies
- Gerontology Graduate Studies
- Patient & Child Advocacy
The Practice Oriented M.S. in Engineering (master of science in engineering) is specifically designed for technical professionals. It provides the opportunity for employed individuals to stay current with the latest technology while remaining a productive employee.
Students in our program typically have a background in engineering, science, or technology and seek to further their career development with a degree that builds management skills – while sharpening their technical capabilities.
This cross-disciplinary program combines study in business management and engineering and presents an alternative to a traditional business management or technical master of science degree. Courses are generally available online.
Students can start the program any semester. The program consists of 30 semester credit hours of graduate work including 9 credit hours of engineering core courses, 9 credit hours of business core, and 12 semester credit hour elective & project component. The project is accomplished in coordination with the student's employer and utilize skills learned in this program.
-Chris Schadewald, Director of Engineering at Eaton Corporation
- In-state tuition available for online students
- Integrates engineering, business, and elective courses
- For students holding a bachelor's degree in engineering, engineering technology, or closely-related field
- Project-oriented (no thesis required)
- Prepares graduates for positions in manufacturing, communications, automotive, energy, and more
For more information please contact
Online Admission Representative: 855.327.5695
The University of Toledo is regionally accredited by the North Central Association (NCA) and is authorized to offer degrees online.