- Tech Prep Home
- Northwest Ohio Tech Prep Program
- Criminal Science Tech Prep Program
- Criminal Justice Major
Asalready indicated, Ohio Tech Prep, which includes Northwest Ohio Tech Prep, includes a wide array of Technology educational programs. One of the new Tech Prep programs is Criminal Justice Science.
The challenges of current society and global anti-terrorism activities have created varied career opportunities in criminal science technology. In general, the more education and training an individual has, the more career opportunities are available. Because of relatively attractive salaries and benefits, competition is keen for many criminal justice jobs. Applicants with college education in criminal justice or related areas have increased opportunities for employment in the field of criminal justice. The Tech Prep Criminal Science program is an excellent way to prepare for a college education in the field of criminal justice.
College Tech Prep prepares students for careers in criminal science technology. Individuals completing the curriculum will have a minimum of an associate's degree, with an option for a baccalaureate or higher degree. Although the associate's degree will provide entrance to criminal science technology careers, advanced careers require additional education.
Coursework includes competencies relevant to a spectrum of public safety careers:
- ethics, safety, CPR/first aid
- computer technology and communications
- diversity and disabilities
- schematics, maps and geographic information systems (GIS)
- healthy lifestyles, psychology of stress
- equipment training, hazmat training-awareness level
- terrorist assessment training
- incident command and emergency telecommunications
Contact your high school counselor to learn more about Tech Prep and Criminal Science programs.
For more information about Tech Prep's Criminal Science program, please visit their website at: http://www.techprepohio.com/index.asp