The Judith Herb College of Education accepts the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (Core) effective May 12, 2014. Core passing scores required for admission to Professional Education in all undergraduate licensure programs are as follows:
- Mathematics (test code 5732): minimum score 150
- Reading (test code 5712): minimum score 156
- Writing (test code 5722): minimum score 162
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Praxis?
General information is available at www.ets.org/praxis/about/core/
2. Can I register online?
Yes, register at www.ets.org/praxis/register/
3. Where can I access the Praxis Information and Registration Bulletin Online?
Download the latest edition at www.ets.org/s/praxis/pdf/praxis_information_bulletin.pdf
4. Where can I find help understanding my scores?
A guide to understanding your scores is available at www.ets.org/praxis/scores/understand
5. Is interactive Praxis test preparation available?
Yes, please review your options at www.ets.org/praxis/prepare/materials/
6. Can I take the Praxis tests on campus at UT?
Yes, the Scott Park Testing Center is a Praxis testing center. Register early to reserve a date!
7. Is on-campus assistance available for Praxis preparation?
Yes, please review the Fall 2016 LEC workshop schedule. Click here.
Study books are also available in the Carver Center