WELCOME TO THE COLLEGE OF GRADUATE STUDIES
- Welcome from the Dean
- About COGS
- Diversity Plan
- Assessment Plan
- Prospective Graduate Students
- Current Graduate Students
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Graduate Council
- Graduate Student Association
- Staff Directory
- Academic Program Forms
- Theses and Dissertations
- Professional Development
- References and Resources
- Graduate Assistantships
- External Research and Fellowship Opportunities
- Scholarships and Awards
- Staff Contacts
Phone: 419.530.GRAD (4723)
Application for transfer of credit must be made to the student’s advisor. The department/college will communicate its recommendation to the Dean of the Graduate College. The student may obtain advance approval from the advisor to take coursework elsewhere while enrolled at The University of Toledo.
All graduate credits requested for transfer must carry a grade of A, A-, B+, or B. Credit for an S grade may be transferred only if the grading institution verifies in writing that the S translates into a grade of B or higher. Application for transfer of credit must be completed as soon as the credits have been earned. Except in unusual situations, no more than one-third of the hours required for a degree will be accepted as transfer credit. Transfer credit applied towards the master’s degree and education specialist degree must have been earned within the period of six years immediately preceding the time the degree is awarded, and transfer credit applied for the doctoral degree must have been earned within seven years immediately preceding the time the degree is awarded.
For the complete policy, please see The University of Toledo General Catalog.
- List the course(s) to be transferred on the Request for Transfer Credit Form.
- Attach an official transcript from the accredited institution. Transfer credit will not be processed from a copy. If the official transcript has already been sent, please attach a note indicating that it has been sent previously.
- Obtain the required signatures as indicated on the form. Signatures demonstrate that the college has reviewed the syllabus for the course and agree that it is equivalent to a course taught at The University of Toledo.
- Forward complete materials to the College of Graduate Studies for final approval.
- Credits taken at a foreign institution are not transferable
- If the Plan of Study has already been approved and the course is being used to substitute for a course already listed on the approved Plan of Study, please submit a Plan of Study Course Substitution form.