WELCOME TO THE COLLEGE OF GRADUATE STUDIES
- Welcome from the Dean
- About COGS
- Diversity Plan
- Assessment Plan
- Prospective Graduate Students
- Current Graduate Students
- Faculty and Staff Resources
- Graduate Council
- Graduate Student Association
- Staff Directory
- Academic Program Forms
- Theses and Dissertations
- Professional Development
- References and Resources
- Graduate Assistantships
- External Research and Fellowship Opportunities
- Scholarships and Awards
- Staff Contacts
Phone: 419.530.GRAD (4723)
Certain requirements must be satisfied if you are to graduate on schedule. In order to serve the many students applying for graduation each semester, the College of Graduate Studies must strictly enforce all necessary deadlines. It is the student's responsibility to ensure all requirements are fulfilled. Check with your advisor to ensure all department and college degree requirements have been met. If you have any questions about the requirements detailed below, please contact the College of Graduate Studies.
- Registered for a minimum of one graduate credit hour in the semester you apply to
graduate. Please note: Completion of an Incomplete or in Progress grade will not fulfill
the registration requirement. If your graduation is postponed for any reason, it will
be necessary to register for a minimum of one graduate credit hour during the semester
you re-apply for graduation.
- Official undergraduate transcripts must be on file in the College of Graduate Studies.
Masters transcripts on file if appropriate. If the degree was earned at The University
of Toledo, all items will be on file. International students must also provide their
diploma. Transcripts and diplomas must be provided in both English and the native
- Approved Plan of Study must be on file with the College of Graduate Studies. Courses on your Plan of Study
must appear on your transcript and have grades of ‘C’ or higher. Any changes to your
approved Plan of Study must be filed with the College of Graduate Studies either by
completion of a Course Substitution form or a revised Plan of Study. All coursework
must fall within the seven year time limitation to complete the doctoral degree. Any coursework that exceeds this time limit will
- Completed Application for Candidacy must be on file with the College of Graduate Studies.
- A completed Graduate Research Advisory (GRAD) Committee Approval & Assurances Form must be one file in the College of Graduate Studies.
- Submission of Approval of Dissertation, Intellectual Protection and Patent Sign Off Forms and the On-Line ProQuest Publishing Agreement by the posted deadlines for the term the degree will be awarded. Composition of the
committee must meet all University guidelines. Document must be approved by your college
and uploaded to OhioLINK by the posted deadline for the term the degree will be awarded. As your college may
have a separate deadline, earlier than the Graduate College deadline, please check
with your department to ensure all posted deadlines are met. Please be sure to use
the Handbook for the Preparation of Graduate Dissertations and Theses available on-line for formatting requirements.
- Complete the on-line Graduate Student Exit Survey.
- Complete the on-line Survey of Earned Doctorates and ensure verification of Completion is sent to College of Graduate Studies by posted
deadline for the term.
- All grades must be posted. Incomplete and In-Progress grades must be removed from
- Attain a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- Payment of all outstanding fines and fees. If there are any outstanding fees, a hold will be placed on your account and your diploma and transcript cannot be mailed.
If you have any questions about these requirements, please contact:
Main Campus- UH 3240, 419.530.4269 or GCAcademicSvcs@utoledo.edu
Health Science Campus- Michelle Arbogast (MLB 117, 419.383.4113 or email@example.com)