Health Science Campus
Block Health Science Building
2nd Floor, Room # 282
- Targeted disruption of Adamts16 gene in a rat genetic model of hypertension. Gopalakrishnan K, Kumarasamy S, Abdul-Majeed, S, Kalinoski A, Morgan EE, Gohara AF, Nauli SM, Filipiak WE, Saunders TL and Joe B. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci (In Press), 2012
- Construction of two novel reciprocal conplastic rat strains and characterization of cardiac mitochondria. Kumarasamy S, Gopalakrishnan K, Abdul-Majeed S, Partow-Navid R, Farms P and Joe B. AJP-Heart and Circ. Phys. (In Press), 2012
- Molecular Mechanisms of Experimental Salt-Sensitive Hypertension. Joe B and Shapiro, J.I. JAHA (In Press), 2012
- Use of contiguous congenic strains in analyzing compound QTLs. Rapp JP and Joe B. Physiol Genomics 44: 117-120, 2011
- Dysglycemia induces abnormal circadian blood pressure variability. Kumarasamy S, Gopalakrishnan K, Kim DH, Abraham NG, Johnson WD, Joe B and Gupta AK. Cardiovascular Diabetology 10:104, 2011
- Refined Mapping of Blood Pressure quantitative trait loci using congenic strains developed from two genetically hypertensive rat models. Kumarasamy S, Gopalakrishnan K, Toland EJ, Yerga-Woolwine S, Farms P, Morgan EE and Joe B. Hypertens. Res. (In press), 2011
- Impairment of Na/K-ATPase Signaling in Renal Proximal Tubule Contributes to Dahl Salt-Sensitive Hypertension. Liu J, Yan Y, Liu L, Xie Z, Malhotra D, Joe B and Shapiro JI, J. Biol. Chem. 286:22806-22813, 2011.
- Genetic influences on survival time after severe hemorrhage in inbred rat strains. Klemcke HG, Joe B, Calderon ML, Rose R, Oh T, Aden J and Ryan KL. Physiol Genomics 43:758-765, 2011.
- Augmented rififylin is a risk factor linked to aberrant cardiomyocyte function, short QT-interval and hypertension. Gopalakrishnan K, Morgan EE, Yerga-Woolwine S, Farms P, Kumarasamy S, Kalinoski A, Liu X, Wu J, Liu L, Joe B. Hypertension. 57: 764-771, 2011.
- Defining a rat blood pressure quantitative trait locus to a <81.8kb congenic segment: comprehensive sequencing and renal transcriptome analysis. Gopalakrishnan K, Saikumar J, Peters CG, Kumarasamy S, Farms P, Yerga-Woolwine S, Toland EJ, Schnackel W, Giovannucci DR, Joe B. Physiol. Genomics. 42A: 153-161, 2010. (Accompanied by an Editorial Commentary)
- Mitochondrial Polymorphisms in Rat Genetic Models of Hypertension. Kumarasamy S, Gopalakrishnan K, Shafton A, Nixon J, Thangavel J, Farms P, Joe B. Mamm Genome 21(5-6): 299-306, 2010.
- Neointimal Hyperplasia and Vasoreactivity are Controlled by Genetic Elements on Rat Chromosome 3. Nestor-Kalinoski AL, Ramdath RS, Langenderfer KM, Sikanderkhel S, DeRaedt S, Welch M, Park JL, Pringle T, Joe B, Cicila GT, Allison DC. Hypertension 55 (2):555-561, 2010.
- Joe B, Saad Y, Lee N, Frank B, Achinike O, Luu T, Gopalakrishnan K, Toland E, Farms P, Yerga-Woolwine S, Manickavasagam E, Rapp J, Garrett M, Coe D, Apte S, Rankinen T, Pérusse L, Ehret G, Ganesh S, Cooper R, O’Connor A, Rice T, Weder A, Chakravarti A, Rao D, Bouchard C. Positional identification of variants of Adamts16 linked to inherited hypertension. Hum. Mol. Genet. 18(15): 2825-2838, 2009
- Cicila, G.T., Morgan, E.E., Lee, S.J.,Farms, P., Yerga-Woolwine, S., Toland, E.J.,Ramdath, R. S., Gopalakrishnan, K., Bohman, K., Nestor-Kalinoski, A.L., Khuder, S.A., Joe, B. Epistatic Genetic Determinants of Blood Pressure and Mortality in a Salt-sensitive Hypertension Model. Hypertension 53: 725-732, 2009.
- Tietjen, G.E., Herial, N.A., Utley, C., White, L., Yerga-Woolwine, S., Joe, B. Association of von Willebrand factor activity with ACE I/D and MTHFR C677T polymorphisms in migraine. Cephalalgia 29 (9): 960-968, 2009.
- Toland E, Woolwine S, Farms P, Cicila GT, Saad Y and Joe B. Blood Pressure and Proteinuria Effects of Multiple Quantitative Trait Loci on Rat Chromosome 9 that Differentiate the Spontaneously Hypertensive Rat from the Dahl Salt-sensitive Rat. J Hypertension 26: 2134-2141, 2008.
- Klemcke HG, Baer DG, Pankratz VS, Cox A, Cortez DS, Garrett MR, Joe B, Ryan KL. Is survival time after hemorrhage a heritable, quantitative trait? An initial assessment. Shock 29: 748-753, 2008.
- Toland E, Saad Y, Yerga-Woolwine S, Ummel S, Farms S, Ramdath R, Frank BC, Lee NH and Joe B. Closely linked non-additive blood pressure quantitative trait loci. Mamm. Genome 19: 209-218, 2008.
- Saad Y, Toland E, Yerga-Woolwine S, Farms P and Joe B. Congenic mapping of a blood pressure QTL region on rat chromosome 10 using the Dahl Salt-sensitive rat with introgressed alleles from the Milan normotensive strain. Mamm. Genome 19: 85-91, 2008. (Featured on the cover)
- Saad Y, Yerga-Woolwine S, Saikumar J, Farms P, Manickavasagam E, Toland E and Joe B. Congenic interval mapping of RNO10 reveals a complex cluster of closely-linked genetic determinants of blood pressure. Hypertension (50:891-898) 2007.
- Lee NH, Haas BJ, Letwin NE, Frank BC, Luu TV, Sun C, Yerga-Woolwine S, Farms P, Manickavasagam E, Joe B. Cross-talk of expression quantitative trait loci within two interacting blood pressure quantitative trait loci. Hypertension 50: 1126-1133, 2007.
- Saad Y, Garrett MR, Manickavasagam E, Yerga-Woolwine S, Farms P, Radecki, T, Joe B. Fine-mapping and comprehensive transcript analysis reveals nonsynonymous variants within a novel 1.17 Mb Blood Pressure QTL region. Genomics 89: 343-353, 2007.
- Lee SJ, Liu J, Wescott AM, Veith JA, DeRaedt SJ, Yang S, Joe B, Cicila GT. Substitution mapping in Dahl rats identifies two distinct blood pressure quantitative trait loci within 1.12Mb and 1.25Mb intervals on chromosome 3. Genetics 174: 2203-2213, 2006.
- Cai T, Garrett MR, Meng J, Rapp JP and Joe B. Are IA-2 and RESP18 Involved in Trait of Blood Pressure? Hypertension, 2005; 46: e18 - e19.
- Garrett MR, Joe B, Shane Yerga-Woolwine. Genetic Linkage of Urinary Albumin Excretion in Dahl Salt-Sensitive Rats: Influence of Dietary Salt and Confirmation using Congenic Strains. Physiol Genomics 25: 39-49, 2006.
- Garrett, M.R., H Meng, J.P. Rapp, Joe B. Localization of a blood pressure QTL to a 118kb region on the rat genome: Substitution mapping and gene expression analysis. Hypertension 45:1-9, 2005.
- Joe B. K Verratti, N. E. Letwin, M. R. Garrett, N. H. Lee, J.P. Rapp. Transcriptional profiling with a blood pressure QTL interval-specific oligonucleotide array. Physiol Genomics 23: 318-326, 2005.
Chapters in books (Invited)
- Joe B and Rapp J.P. Congenic Strain. Brenner’s Online Encyclopedia of Genetics (Elsevier). Maloy S and Hughes K (Editors), 2012.
- Life or Death? A Physiogenomic Approach to Understand Individual Variation in Responses to Hemorrhagic Shock. Klemcke HG, Joe B, Rose R and Ryan KL, Current Genomics, 2011
- Garrett MR, Meng J, Rapp JP and Joe B. Are IA-2 and RESP18 Involved in Trait of Blood Pressure? Hypertension, 2005; 46: e18 - e19.
- Joe B. and Garrett M.R. Genetic studies of inherited hypertension in the rat.Handbook of Hypertension (Elsevier) 24: A. Dominiczak and JMConnell (Editors). 177-200, 2007.
- Joe B and Garrett M. R. Substitution Mapping: Using congenic strains to detect genes controlling blood pressure. Cardiovascular Genomics,Humana Press, Inc; Raizada MK, Paton JF, Kasparov S and Katovich MJ (Editors); 41-58, 2005.
Book Review (Invited)
- Joe B and Britton S.L. Review on Functional Genomics: Methods and Protocols. Michael J. Brownstein and Arkady B. Khodursky (Editors).Totowa, NJ:Humana Press, 258pp. ISBN: 1-588-29291-6, 2003.
Editorial Communications (Invited)
- Reply to "Letter to the Editor: 'Mapping genes for hypertension using experimental models: a challenging and unanticipated very longjourney. Gopalakrishnan K, Kumarasamy S, Rapp JP, Joe B. Physiol Genomics 43(3):101-102, 2011.