- About the College of Nursing
- CCNE CIPR Resources
- Community of Nurse Preceptors and Mentors
- Continuing Nursing Education
- Dean's Welcome Message
- Information Sessions
- News and Upcoming Events
- Nursing Lab and Simulation Center
- Nursing LEADS Newsletter
- Nursing Research & Evaluation
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Ways to give to the College of Nursing
Health Science Campus
Collier Building, RM 4405
3000 Arlington Ave
Toledo, OH 43614
Mail Stop 1026
Student Services: 419.383.5810
Undergrad Advisor: 419.530.2673
Graduate Advisor: 419.383.5841
ATTENTION GRADUATE NURSING APPLICANTS:
Graduate application materials are submitted through the Nursing Centralized Application Service(NursingCAS) https://portal.nursingcas.org. A supplemental application is also required and can be found at http://apply.utoledo.edu. Program admission cycle information posted at http://www.utoledo.edu/nursing/grad_checklist.html.
The Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Graduate Certificate (PNP-C) program is offered to individuals who have completed a master's degree in nursing and who desire to obtain specialized knowledge to seek certification as a PNP. All of the courses award academic credit from The University of Toledo. Graduates of the program will be qualified to take national PNP certification examinations. The curriculum includes a minimum of 500 contact hours for clinical practice and laboratory experiences. Students should matriculate fall of even numbered years.
- Master's degree in nursing from an accredited college/university. Degree in nursing
from a school that is accredited by a nationally recognized body for nursing education
- Overall grade point average of 3.0
- Submission of official transcripts from all academic institutions to NursingCAS.
- Personal statement describing career goals, future plans for employment and expectations
for graduate study.
- Submit your personal statement via the "Personal Statement" section of the NursingCAS, title it "University of Toledo" *
- Current resume or CV, listing current state and/or territory RN license number.
- Upload a copy of your current resume or CV in the "Documents Upload" section of NursingCAS. *
- Three recommendation forms completed by professional sources (Master in Nursing preferred)
- To be submitted electronically on your behalf via the "References" section of NursingCAS.
*Minimum required test scores: http://www.utoledo.edu/graduate/prospectivestudents/admission/guidelines.html
*Applicants must attach the file on designations page to The University of Toledo in order for the school to have access to the file.
The University of Toledo College of Nursing is approved by the Ohio Board of Nursing and nationally accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036, (202) 887.6791. Graduates of the advanced practice programs are qualified to take national certification examinations in their specialty areas and are eligible to apply for Certificates of Authority granted by the Ohio Board of Nursing.
|Course #||Course Title||Credit|
|NURS5680||Advanced Physiology & Pathophysiology*||
|NURS5740||Advanced Health Assessment (4 lab hours/week)*||
|Spring Semester - (odd years only)|
|Course #||Course Title||Credit|
|NURS5810||PNP I: Care of Children and Concepts of Wellness (12 clinical hours/week)||
|Fall Semester - (odd years only)|
|NURS5820||PNP II: Common Acute and Stable Chronic Illnesses (12 clinical hours/week)||
|Spring Semester - (even years only)|
|NURS5830||PNP III: Complex Chronic Illnesses or Disabilities (12 clinical hours/week)||
Total Semester Credits 21
|*If the course was completed greater than 5 years prior to matriculation, the course must be repeated.|