What is academic advising?Academic advising helps students maximize the benefits of their academic experience. An adviser helps a student:
- Understand the nature and purpose of a university education.
- Clarify the student's personal values and goals.
- Identify services at UT that can help the student meet his or her needs and goals.
- Choose an educational program consistent with the student's abilities and interests.
- Understand information about educational options, degree requirements, policies and procedures.
- Monitor the student's progress toward degree completion.