- Student Services Home
- Academic Terminology
- Advisers and Office Hours
- Advising Syllabi
- College Forms and Worksheets
- Current Student Profiles
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Pre-Professional Programs
- Writing Across the Curriculum (WAC)
- Advising Times Newsletter
- Guide to Student Services
- Office of Study Abroad
- Scholarships in the Tri-Colleges
- Research Opportunities
- Student Organizations
- Career Services
- Office of Accessibility
- Writing Center
- Learning Enhancement Center
- Math Placement Info
- Chemistry Placement Info
- University Catalog
Mail Stop 906
Third Floor Rms 3000 and 3160
UT’s College of Arts & Sciences and Case Western Reserve University’s School of Dental Medicine offer a Guaranteed Admissions Program leading to both the baccalaureate and D.D.S. degrees. This program provides qualified Pre-dental students with an opportunity to complete both degrees in seven years.
Who is eligible to apply?
High school seniors with a minimum of a 3.5 or higher GPA and a 25 or higher composite ACT score or 1150 combined Verbal and Math SAT score.
How do students apply for this program?
1. First the student applies to the University of Toledo by submitting the undergraduate application, high school transcript, college transcript if applicable, ACT and/or SAT scores through UT’s Office of Admissions.
2. Complete the UT/CASE application form and mail directly to the Pmed/Pden/Pvet Adviser at the address listed on the application. This application includes:
- a cover letter requesting consideration for this special program
- a one page personal statement
- 3 letters of recommendation (two from high school teachers, one from a dentist he/she has shadowed).
- a 1-page resume
Once these items have been received in the Pmed/Pden/Pvet Office, the portfolio will then be forwarded to the Director of Admissions at Case Western Reserve University’s School of Dental Medicine for review. Selected applicants will be invited to Case for an interview after which a final decision will be made. If accepted into the program, the student:
- must maintain an academic grade point average of 3.25 or better overall and in all science coursework.
- must receive a score of 18 or better on both the Academic Average and Perceptual Ability sections of the Dental Admission Test (DAT).
- must be recommended by the pre-professional adviser at the University of Toledo.
- must fulfill all admissions requirements of the Case Western Reserve University School of Dental Medicine and of the ADA Council on Dental Education
By December 1st of the junior year at the University of Toledo, students in the program must complete an institutional application to the School of Dental Medicine and submit both an official transcript UT transcript and the letter of recommendation from the Pre-Professional Adviser.