Connect With Us
Resources and Links
- Blackboard/WebCT Login
- College Catalog
- Drug Information Resources
- Experiential Education
- Honors Program
- Library/Learning Resources
- Research Opportunities for CPPS Students
- Student Affairs
- Student Organizations
Health Science Campus
Frederic and Mary Wolfe Center
Professor of Clinical Pharmacy
Adjunct Professor of Medicine
- General Clinical Pharmacy Residency, University of Illinois at Chicago Medical Center
- Doctor of Pharmacy, Ohio State University
- B.S. in Pharmacy, Ohio Northern University
Scope of Practice and Curriculum
- Cardiology and Internal Medicine
- Professor of Clinical Pharmacy, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Toledo
- Adjunct Professor of Medicine, College of Medicine and Life Sciences, The University of Toledo
- Clinical Pharmacist, Cardiac Care and Medical Intensive Care Unit, University of Toledo Medical Center
- Newland AM, Mauro VF, Alexander KS. Physical compatibility of metoprolol tartrate injection with selected cardiovascular agents (letter). Am J Health-syst Pharm. 2009;66:986-7.
- Taylor LA, Mauro VF. Incidence of bleeding in renally impaired patients receiving incorrectly dosed eptifibatide or bivalirudin while undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention. Ann Pharmacother. 2012;46:35-41.
- Mauro VF. Advances in cardiology: antiplatelet therapy in ACS and a-fib. (Book Review) Ann Pharmacother. 2013;47:291.
- Klochan SA, Taleb M, Hoover MJ, Mauro VF, Anandan V, Willey J, Cooper CJ. Illicit narcotic injection masquerading as acute pulmonary embolism. Vasc Med. 2013;18:92-4.
- Bishop BM, Mauro VF, Khouri MD. Practical considerations for the pharmacotherapy of pulmonary arterial hypertension. Pharmacotherapy. 2012;32:838-55.
- D’Arcangelo G, Mauro VF. Guidelines for administration of cardiovascular medications with food and grapefruit juice. Pharm Pract News 2014;(41)3:22-5.
- Howard M, Boddu SHS, Mauro VF, Churchwell MD. Intravenous compatibility of conivaptan with select cardiovascular medications. Am J Health-syst Pharm. (accepted for publication)
- Jakimczuk PJ, Churchwell MD, Howard MS, Mauro VF, Alexander KS, Boddu SHS. Intravenous compatibility of argatroban injection with select cardiovascular medications. Am J Health-syst Pharm. (accepted for publication)
- 2012, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Faculty Preceptor of the Year Award
- 2010, Kappa Psi/Lambda Kappa Sigma Faculty of the Year Award
- 2010, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences Outstanding Teacher Award
- 2010, Key Note Speaker, UT Kappa Psi/Lambda Kappa Sigma Annual Dinner Dance
- 2007, Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence
- 2007, College of Pharmacy Outstanding Teacher Award
- 2006, Key Note Speaker, UT Kappa Psi/Lambda Kappa Sigma Annual Dinner Dance
- 2006, OhCCP Pfizer Clinical Pharmacy Research Award
- 2003, College of Pharmacy Outstanding Teacher Award