This is a capstone course in entrepreneurial strategic management in the rapidly changing healthcare sector. It is becoming increasingly important for leaders to recognize the opportunities facing their organization and act on them to position their organizations for survival and growth in the long run. The course is designed to help you integrate what you have learned in your separate functional areas to analyze complex strategic problems to turn them into opportunities for your healthcare organization.
- Think and act like an entrepreneur within an established healthcare organization
- Understand the approaches to recognizing and assessing emerging internal and external opportunities due to constant changes in the environment
- Formulate and present a feasibility study to take advantage of emerging opportunities
- Lead the successful implementation of the feasibility study using your available resources.
- The External and the Internal environments
- Recognizing emergent opportunities
- Feasibility Analysis
- Service/Product/Market feasibility
- Organizational/Financial feasibility
- Types of strategies
- Strategic analysis and choice
- Long term goals and short term goals
- Strategic implementation mechanisms
- Strategic Implementation by functions: Accounting/Finance, Marketing, Operations, IS