- Residency Application Process
- Residency program options
- Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- Matching programs
- Match results
- Sponsored Events
- Graduation Awards and Reception
- Match Day Reception
- Medical Student Orientation
- Student Clinicians Ceremony
- White Coat Ceremony
- Medical Honor Societies
- Gold Humanism Honor Society, UT Chapter
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- USMLE Preparation
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Health Science Campus Student Life
- Health Science Campus Student Affairs
- Health Science Campus Diversity
- Student Health and Wellness Center
- Medical Student Council
- Medical Student Honor Code
- Registrar's Office
- Academic Enrichment Center
- Financial Aid
- College of Medicine Policies
- College of Medicine Mission and Vision
Health Science Campus
First Floor/Room #122
The College of Medicine and Life Sciences Commencement will be Friday, June 7, 2013 at 2:00 pm at the Stranahan Theater, located at 4645 Heatherdowns Blvd., Toledo, OH. 43614 (map). The ceremony will last approximately two hours.
All Graduates: Make sure you have followed all of the steps in order to be eligible to graduate and participate in the ceremony! Please see the Graduation Information website for details.
All graduates should arrive by no later than 1:00 p.m. to begin lining up for the processional and receive important instructions about the ceremony. There is no commencement rehearsal for graduates prior to this time.
Graduates should enter through the main doors of the Great Hall, adjacent to the Stranahan Theater. Only graduates will be allowed in the line-up area.
Academic regalia are required to participate in the commencement ceremony.
Graduates who have not arrived by 1:30 p.m. will be removed from the line up as to not adversely affect the order of the ceremony. Staff will assist candidates in getting to the appropriate line-up location.
All Special Hooders require advance approval from the Office of Student Affairs (OSA) to participate. These requests can be made on the College of Medicine and Life Sciences’ Graduation Information web page.
Only graduating medical (MD) and doctoral graduate (PhD) candidates may request a Special Hooder. Special Hooders are required to wear academic regalia in order to participate in the commencement ceremony. If Special Hooders do not already have their own regalia, regalia may be ordered by completing this form (pdf) and turning it into the UT Bookstore.
Special Hooders should arrive no later than 1:00 p.m. to begin lining up for the processional. Special Hooders should enter through the main doors of the Great Hall, adjacent to the Stranahan Theater and will be directed by staff to the appropriate line-up location.
If a Special Hooder requires special accommodations due to a disability please contact the Office of Student Affairs at COMcommencement@utoledo.edu .
|Guests||All guests should enter the Stranahan Theater through the main lobby. Admission to the ceremony does not require a ticket; however, seating is on a first-come, first-served basis.|
|Academic Regalia||Caps, gowns, tassels, hoods, and announcements are purchased at the University Bookstore. Please refer to this document (pdf) for more information. For questions about regalia, please contact the bookstore at (419) 573-2516.|
|Photographs||Information coming soon.|
Graduates and guests requiring accommodation due to a disability should contact the Office of Student Affairs at COMcommencement@utoledo.edu. Space is available for those in need of handicapped parking and for dropping off or picking up guests who cannot walk great distances. For efficient parking, please bring along a handicap-parking pass if you have one.
|Diploma||Graduates who have completed all degree requirements will be awarded their diploma at commencement. Students with outstanding degree requirements, or holds on their account (i.e. parking tickets, financial obligations, library fines) will receive a diploma cover. Graduates not receiving their diploma at commencement will have their diploma sent to them via certified mail once all outstanding degree requirements or other obligations have been fulfilled.|
|Dual Degree Recipients||Dual degree graduates will receive special recognition during commencement. If you have already received one of your diplomas you may bring it with you to commencement to have both diplomas presented as part of this recognition. Please contact the Office of Student Affairs at COMcommencement@utoledo.edu if you plan on bringing your diploma with you.|
|Transcript||(Graduate Students) Degrees are typically posted to the transcript record within 30 days of the commencement ceremony. If you order a transcript before your degree is posted to your record, mark the appropriate space on the request form to indicate that the transcript should be sent after the degree is posted.|
Tips for an extraordinary ceremony:
- Leave personal items like coats and purses with guests. There are no facilities available for storing these items.
- Arrive by 1:00 p.m. to allow adequate time to line-up for the processional.
- All graduates and Special Hooders should enter through the Great Hall entrance.
- Bring as many guests as you wish but all guests should enter through the main entrance to the Stranahan Theater. Only graduates are allowed in the line-up area.
- Appropriate academic regalia are required to participate. Jeans, sandals and shorts are not permitted. Please dress accordingly.
- Wear additional academic regalia that correspond with your honor society (e.g., sash, medal, ribbon, etc.).
For more information, email COMcommencement@utoledo.edu .