services & Programs
- CELCS Home
- Contact US/Meet the Team
- Intern in Ohio
- Internships & Co-Ops
- Career Services
- Service Learning
& Community Outreach
> What is Service Learning?
> Student Opportunities
> Alternative Spring Break
> International Service Learning -Student Public Health Teams
> Web Resources
- Community Work Study
- Rocket Jobs
- Student Employment
- Undergraduate Research
- Education Abroad
- Office Hours
Monday - Friday
8:15 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
No Summer Walk-In Hours
Please make an appointment
- Student Athletic Academic Services
- TRIO-Student Support Services
- Tutoring - Learning Enhancement Center
- Writing Center
- Additional Resources
- Student Disability Services
- Center for Experiential Learning and Career Services
- Center for International
Studies and Programs
- Office for the Student Experience
- Testing Services
- Undergraduate Research
Service Learning is committed to developing and promoting service learning initiatives, consistent with UT’s mission, in which students, faculty, and other campus constituencies engage with the community in mutually rewarding partnerships. Composed of 3 critical components: information, meaningful service and reflection; the efforts of service learning enrich the educational experience of students and promote responsive citizenship among them, cultivate and facilitate avenues for engaged scholarship for faculty through service learning courses and community-based research, and promote a culture of civic engagement that aspires to improve the human condition and quality of life in the community
Service learning at The University of Toledo is an on-going mutually beneficial experience through which students, faculty, and the Toledo metropolitan community foster civic responsibility through active learning and guided reflection.
See how you cna get involved as an individuals or as a group.
Explore various service learning events happening each semester.
Workshops and events offered through out the year, topics include choosing a major, job search strategies, interviewing skills, job fairs and more. Workshops are available upon request for classrooms and student group presentations.
Community Work-Study Program
Earn work study funding through opportunities in a variety of areas, including the arts, education, daycare, environmental programs, health services, legal services, programs for the elderly or youth and more.
Forms related to service learning and community outreach.
View videos from various service learning projects.
|Complete an Inquiry Card to receive additional information service learning opportunities.|
News and Resources
- Toledo Service Opportunities Specific to College Students
- Community Work Study Program Workshops to be held August 25th and 26th - contact CELCS for details
- Community Work Study Job Fair – August 27th in the Ingman room from noon – 3 pm
- Service Fair – August 27th in the Ingman room from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- UT CARES! - Day of Caring with United Way – September 12th
- CROP Hunger Walk – October 12th in LOT 13 2 pm start time