- Testing Services Home
- Meet the Staff
- Main Campus Test Center
- Scott Park Test Center
- National Standardized Testing
- Distance Learning Test Proctoring
- Career Specific Certifications
Prior Learning Assessment
Military Service Center
- Center for Experiential Learning and Career Services
- High School Outreach
- Offices of Excellence
TRIO-Student Support Services
- Office of Academic Access
- Student Athletic Academic Services
- Testing Services
- Tutoring - Learning Enhancement Center
- Writing Center
- Additional Resources
- Undergraduate Research
- Center for International
Studies and Programs
- Office for the Student Experience
- Office of New Student Orientation
Placement Testing: (Phone Number 419.530.1269)
Placement tests and ACT (or SAT) scores are used by our departments to place students into the correct math, chemistry, and foreign language.
Mathematics, Chemistry, and Foreign Languages are multiple choice exams.
A student takes the hard copy test and enters the answers into a computer.
The computer scores the test and is entered in to UT student management system, Banner.
Visit the Office of New Student Orientation website for addition placement testing information:
Please note the following:
- A photo ID is required in order to take any tests.
- Bring Rocket Number and UTAD username and password.
- All tests must be completed by the time the test center closes.
- Items not allowed in the testing room include: food, drinks, cell phones or any electronic devices, backpacks, purses, hats, sunglasses, or key chains. Storage lockers are available on-site for these items. Cell phones must be turned off prior to storage.
- Test Center staff has final determination of what is allowed into the testing room.
Placement Testing Hours:
The Test Center is closed on all University recognized holidays. No appointment is needed.
Students must bring a photo ID, their Rocket #Number, and UTAD username/password
Monday, Tuesday and Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
Wednesday and Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 7:45 p.m.
(All tests must be completed by close.)
* Placement Testing will start at 9 a.m. and end at 4 p.m. & 7 p.m. respectively to appropriate closing times.
SUMMER ORENTATION PLACEMENT TESTING HOURS
|Monday, Tuesday & Friday:||9 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Wednesday & Thursday:||9 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Saturday (May 18):||10 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Mondays:||9 a.m. - 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday - Friday:||9 a.m. - 7:45 p.m.|
|Saturday (June 1 & 8):||10 a.m.- 2 p.m.|
|Saturday (June 15 & 22):||9 a.m. - 7:45 p.m.|
|Saturday (June 29):||9 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.|
|July 1- 5:||9 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. Closed Thursday July 4th.|
|July 8:||9 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.|
|July 9–11:||9 a.m - 7:45 p.m.|
|July 12:||9 a.m.- 4:45 p.m.|
|July 15 - August 16 (M-F):||9 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.|
Placement Tests Offered:
Test length: No time limit, designed to be completed in 45 minutes for average student
No Calculator allowed.
There are three levels of placement test math.
- Elementary Algebra
- College Algebra
Test length: 45 Minutes timed
A simple scientific calculator allowed ( i.e. TI-30)
Test Length: one hour timed
There are five different language tests offered.
All Other Foreign Language Placements Tests, such as Chinese and Arabic, are arranged
through the Foreign Language Department by calling 419.530.2606.
English Second Language (ESL) Placement Tests for International students are blue book essay exams.
One dictionary allowed, paper or electronic. Testers are allowed two hours to complete the ESL exam.